• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a fish out of water

appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.

He answers in the same manner as she did, an easy quip. She grins slightly and nods, letting that particular topic pass by them as they turn to walk instead. Years of practice has made her, generally, good at figuring out how to be the accommodating one. To be fair, she is glad for the walk and it does not bother her. Still though, even if she hated it, she’d pretend to be itching for such a thing to put him at ease. In this case she does want something from him, but that fact is irrelevant. She’s served as the Queen’s advisor for something near enough or more than a century (eventually, you lose track). It’s simply built into her DNA at this point to be a very skilled diplomat even when she doesn’t have any particular end goal in mind. Over the years, she has simply forgotten how to be anything else.

They begin to walk along the shore, for the one thing she has not been brave enough to do is leave the sight of the water. Nevermind that the Queen also commanded them not to venture inland too far, she’s simply unwilling to walk into a land she knows nothing about and end up lost in the middle of the desert. She can survive on land, but not forever, and certainly not in the wrong climate.

His response is amusing and she chuckles at it, eyes glimmering slightly with the laugh. ”I can’t say I would know how unpleasant that might be.” Though perhaps it’s not all that different to them as this dry air is to her. ”May I ask, where are we? I’m sure it will come as a shock,” she says, tone making it clear that the opposite is definitely true, ”but I know very little of your land. As your new neighbor, I would love to know more.”

REZZA

Photo by Alice Alinari

@Reave

Messages In This Thread
    a fish out of water - by Rezza - 12-27-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-11-2022, 10:53 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-19-2022, 05:32 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-20-2022, 10:18 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-21-2022, 02:06 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-24-2022, 09:57 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-31-2022, 02:20 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 02-03-2022, 10:04 AM