• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a fish out of water

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

Reave tips his head in open curiosity at her admission. He had never paid a great deal of attention to plants outside the carnivorous garden he tends in his home, but it does not surprise him to learn such a plant exists. There are many strange and wondrous things in this magical home of theirs. A faint grin tugs at the corners of his lips when she offers her warning though. “A kind warning,” he replies drolly, blue eyes twinkling. “Fortunately I am excellent at surviving.”

He might be young, but he is hardly daft. There are any number of risks in which the rewards are not worth it. Her insinuation tickles at the edges of his thoughts however, planting the seeds of so many futures. But he keeps his counsel, instead choosing to offer her only a flashing grin in response. Reave had recognized the hint of an invitation in those words, but until he had decided what to make of it, he would instead keep his inclinations to himself.

As she continues, he chuckles, the hue of his irises deepening with his amusement. He can sympathize with her desire to ferret out information herself. He too has that desire deeply rooted into the marrow of his bones. There are some things one could determine only by seeing it with their own eyes.

“You guess correctly,” he agrees, his gaze belieing the mildness of his tone. “Another surprise to add to the growing heap, but I must admit I’m terrible at taking orders.”

His gaze sweeping across the widening river, Reave slows his step, head tipping slightly as though listening to something, before returning his attention to newfound companion. “Your company has been a delight, Rezza, but I must leave you here.” With a faintly wicked grin, he turns to depart, only pausing to add, “I do hope you will accept my invitation and pay me a visit in Nerine.”

reave

@Rezza I figured we should wrap this up and catch up timelines <3

Messages In This Thread
    a fish out of water - by Rezza - 12-27-2021, 11:27 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-11-2022, 10:53 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-19-2022, 05:32 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-20-2022, 10:18 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-21-2022, 02:06 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 01-24-2022, 09:57 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 01-31-2022, 02:20 PM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Reave - 02-03-2022, 10:04 AM
    RE: a fish out of water - by Rezza - 02-16-2022, 10:01 AM