• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh, there's a river that winds on forever
    Bolder had surprised himself with this shift. As he has gotten older, they come quicker and smoother. They became easier, and the boy who could hardly imagine himself being anything other than a horse, the image in his mind grew clearer and stronger over the seasons that he had spent in Hyaline. All it took was a thought now, a strange ripple over his striped hide, and then, almost suddenly, he was something else.

The stag is a new shape for him. He had mimicked it before, but that had been when Gale had still belonged to the pack. This is a form crafted out of his memories, a proud creature that he remembered coming to the lake once for a drink. While the size of the beast hadn’t intimidated Bolder, the set of pointed antlers had given him pause and so he had merely studied the animal from afar.

He’s proud of this latest transformation, and it almost blinds him to the young female ahead. But the striped pegasus had spent far too much time patrolling and scouting, engaging in hunts with Mazikeen and Malik to allow himself to be caught off-guard. His silver eyes are glancing down (only for a minute!) as he moves in this strange shape, and yet when he glances up, they nearly collide.

Coming to a sudden stop, Bolder blinks, surprised to hear the mention of his name.

It takes him a moment to place the voice - even with his stripes, he doubts that he is so easily recognizable (or that he has such renown that strangers know of him) - but the memories of the Ruins and their initial meeting come rushing back like floodwater. The ethereal girl from the floodlands. ”Lillibet,” the shifter says with the beginnings of a grin and tilted his antlered head in greeting. He changes then, and Bolder as she first knew him appears. ”Hope I didn’t startle you,” Bolder offered and then turned to look toward the tree line. "I was just stretching out my legs."

He began to move again, before the morning light could settle against his copper skin, but flashed an inviting smile to his companion from over his winged shoulder.

"Perhaps you'd care to join me?"

@Lillibet
    [Image: 37477440_mkk7ul7XODhpdJ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh, there's a river that winds on forever - by bolder - 01-19-2022, 07:25 AM