• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I do not want to move mountains

Lillibet

The amber champagne stranger is nonplussed by her question, and in fact fires back something akin to a challenge. Lillibet grins in response, though does nothing more to confirm or deny whether she is supposed to, or allowed to, be here. As she and Link had learned in their youth, it was always better to ask forgiveness than permission. With the flick of a fluted ear and a quiet hum in her throat, the lilac-tressed woman registers his response once he has provided it. Curiously, and with the same playfulness as before, she inquires. “Someone nocturnal?” As if in response, coyotes cackle in the inky dark distance. Lillibet’s grin falters, if only for a moment, before she turns her attention back to the speckled man before her and pushes the threat of the wild dogs from her mind.

“Who are you looking for?”

Perhaps she knows them - or of them. Admittedly, the only times she had adventured outside of Loess and Sylva were in the company of her twin. She’d never found any interest in growing her circle. The South’s disappearance had forced her hand, and now that the only home she’d ever known rests beneath the surface of the dark sea, she’s encountered more strangers than she ever would have otherwise.

Lillibet’s unintentionally suggestive question is received in a way she hadn’t expected, and in return she does nothing to hide the coquettish smirk that widens across her alabaster lips. When he’s recovered from his surprise, the champagne stranger offers her a much more comfortable solution than searching through an unknown territory in the middle of the night for a cave that may or may not hide something that could eat her. The fireballs float slowly in her direction, their flames flickering orange against her opaline coat before settling comfortably around her. Hot envy rises in the back of her throat before she forces it away and offers the stallion a bashful smile. “You’re too kind,” Lillibet offers as her thanks before flicking her lilac-accented tail in the moonlight.

“I don’t think I caught your name,” the homeless woman adds as an afterthought as she sighs comfortably in the warmth of the stranger’s magic.

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-20-2022, 04:12 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Fyr - 01-20-2022, 05:27 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-20-2022, 07:58 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Fyr - 01-22-2022, 03:45 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-22-2022, 07:35 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Fyr - 01-23-2022, 03:47 PM
    RE: I do not want to move mountains - by Lillibet - 01-25-2022, 12:20 PM