• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  i want the mountains to crumble
    ------H E R R I N
    in short:--------------------------------------------------
    all good things are wild and free

“I have good ears,” Herrin says, his dark eyes still fixed on the shadowed entrance to the cave. “So you won’t have to yell too loud.” As he turns back to her, his black-backed ears grow more triangular, becoming those of a pippistrelle bat, scaled to his larger equine shape

What questions would she need to ask him, he wonders? He has always lived a life at the edges of society, preferring his seclusion from others. Lillibet seems a good enough sort, he thinks. Perhaps he will wait and see how often she’ll ask things of him. If it is too many, he knows now that the canyons are full of caves, and the thought of exploring them all brings a faint smile to his face.

Her first question is if he’d seen anyone, and that is easy enough. Herrin shakes his head, and his dark mane shifts along his neck. He’d not really been looking, but the scents he had found were as old as they were strange. He’d been focused mostly on the lack of trees and abundance of caves.

When Lillibet turns the conversation back to them, Herrin’s still-large ears perk curiously. He had not taken her for the cave exploring sort. “I’ve never had light in a cave before,”

@Lillibet

Messages In This Thread
    i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 01-22-2022, 07:56 PM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Herrin - 01-23-2022, 06:55 AM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 01-29-2022, 05:26 PM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Herrin - 01-31-2022, 08:41 AM
    RE: i want the mountains to crumble - by Lillibet - 02-04-2022, 10:30 AM