• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent
    Was Mazikeen kind to everyone but her? Why did both Bolder and Malik get happier memories with her mother, while Sickle can still remember the terror when she had been plucked off of the soil in the Pampas and the sting of claws as they had pierced her sides. She keeps this sulking thought to herself but mumbles another one. “Sounds like both of our parents suck.” She intends for this to be a sharp remark but the softness doesn’t leave her quiet voice.

Underneath her bitterness, she’s glad Bolder had someone to teach him how to shift, glad he had found a home where he could be himself. Everyone deserved that.

He speaks again, taking a step towards Hyaline and Sickle frowns at him - misunderstanding for a moment and thinking that he was just walking away from her.

Uncertainty flashes greens and browns of their surroundings across her coat again and she lingers at the spot she feels rooted for a long minute before taking a step. The first three are slow, her legs feeling heavier than they ever have - even when she wore the shape of a rhinoceros.

But the ones after come a little easier. And though she is still uncertain and nervous, she draws beside Bolder on the path and asks quietly - “What’s she like?”

SICKLE

@bolder

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent - by Sickle - 02-26-2022, 02:12 PM