• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent

Bolder tenses briefly at the mention of parents.

He doesn’t often speak of his father. And when he has, it has always been with Mazikeen, as if his Aunt might reveal some insight to Nashua’s lacking that he has never understood. From the beginning, his sire has treated his shifting as some kind of abomination and it had always been Mazikeen that reassured him that his gift was anything but that.

Perhaps Bolder should be more considerate to Sickle, but Mazikeen has been the only constant that he has known in his life.

But then his cousin flashes several colors against her iridescent coat and Bolder is reminded (again) that they all walk different paths in this life. What she knows of her birth-mother is different than what he knows, and as a horse gifted with the ability of flight, there is a part of the young pegasus that understands perspective. It is something that is always different.

"She likes pretty things,” Bolder tells Sickle, and then glances mischievously to the circling bird overhead, "I meant to claim a few of his feathers until I realized who he belonged to.” Until he realized that it was Oceanus, the copper pegasus means. The roguish expression doesn’t entirely leave his handsome face, but it changes when it tilts back to the young mare beside him.

"What about you?” Bolder asks curiously, wondering what (and where) Malik and Myrna’s sister had been all this time. "What do you like?”

@Sickle
    [Image: 37477440_mkk7ul7XODhpdJ7.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: wish I could tell you by now that I felt more indifferent - by bolder - 03-12-2022, 11:07 PM