• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i had a feeling so peculiar

For a moment, Islay thinks of Aedan.

She thinks of Islandres - her island - and she thinks (knows) she is a fool for leaving it behind. As a filly, the mainland had never intimidated her. It had never seemed as daunting as it does now; there is a whole plethora of memories associated with this place that bring about despair and cruelty. It nearly drowns out the happier ones, the bright moments spent with Aestas learning about the gardens in Tephra and the soothing warmth of the sun.

Being back on the continent brings back her fear. Islay remembers the monsters, both supernatural and equine. Her heart races when it should be her hooves, and the only darkness that exists is behind her eyes, something that she can’t manipulate (though she tries tugging at the shadows, and perhaps it might make them longer but they do nothing to conceal her). I’m not going to hurt you, a voice calls out and it nearly paralyzes her with fear.

While it does not sound gentle, there is a quietness about it. Like a midnight breeze, and that thought begins to settle her mind.

Her blue eyes are large when she first opens them, as are her flared nostrils, but it all settles. Islay still keeps to the shadows, unable to completely abandon the comfort of her preferred element, but the two-toned mare can feel some of the tightness leaving her chest. The gray stallion doesn’t approach her and so Islay relaxes a little more, feeling safe with the distance between them. "No,” she murmurs, realizing that she has stared at him instead of answering his question. "I came to see what had happened…” Her pied face looks to the direction of the jagged coast.

Islay then glances to the strange, churning sea.

"Maybe I am.” she admits, sounding like the lost she had claimed not to be a heartbeat before. So much had changed, and drastically. "This is all so different.”

@Eadoin

[Image: lSYWxe.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i had a feeling so peculiar - by Islay - 01-30-2022, 08:56 PM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar - by Eadoin - 02-07-2022, 03:11 AM
    RE: i had a feeling so peculiar - by Islay - 02-27-2022, 03:29 PM