• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Just like that, tomorrows one day that I'm never getting back

open hand or closed fist would be fine

--rosemary

the blood is rare and sweet as cherry wine

There's something so horribly, wonderfully intoxicating about embodying exactly what another desires, even if it is just for a few fleeting moments. Rosemary doesn't know of the serpent that twines slowly and dangerously around his ribs, hidden just beneath his gleaming skin. What she sees is his captivation. What she senses is his hunger. That hunger appears powerfully attractive beneath the guise of drunken magic.

Everything feels so good. All the tingling in her legs, the muffled feeling in her ears, the warmth in her veins. For the moment, Rose finds it more pleasant than her magic.

A quiet, lingering laugh leaves Rosemary at the thought of any type of truth coming from her. The only honesty she offers is to herself and even that is a fickle, almost jaded candor. Everybody around her is only collateral to the truth she wants to see in the world. Obscene is no different: just another beautiful stranger wearing all the darkest, prettiest qualities Rosemary likes best.

"Good," Rose answers. "I don't like being lied to." Her words start to slur toward the end of her sentence, hiding the laughter that wants to color her tone.

If she hadn't been acutely aware of where Obscene's lips were heading, the little siren would have never felt the sharp prick of the snake's fangs. "Oh," she exclaims, genuinely surprised for the first time in a long while. She blinks slowly, the liveliness in her gaze slowly dulling. "Oh," she says again, voice both surprised and pleased. Slowly, Rose's head drifts to the grass. She lays still for a moment, feeling all the muscles in her body loosen dangerously. A calm, lazy smile lifts her lips, but she does not open her eyes. Her heartbeat slows.

"You could at least tell me your name before you kill me," Rose whispers.

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Just like that, tomorrows one day that I'm never getting back - by rosemary - 03-21-2022, 03:46 PM