• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  When did the colors fill in the spaces where there were none?

I'll settle for the ghost of you.

The logic in his mind was that the South had fallen and then the Ruins had appeared. How could that not correlate to something, how could that not be tied? He hadn’t heard of any others that had ended up on the Isle like he had (and he figured that would always remain a mystery, how he had come to be there), and Tephra or even the Forest were far more likely to have survivors wash up on their shores before the Ruins. And yet, that nagging feeling always brings him back to that same place.

There had to be something that ties them together, the disaster to their sudden appearance.

She mentions the Beach and he looks at her, his expression unreadable. ”I’ve never been there.” He finally says but she isn’t wrong, he thinks. It is probably just as “strange” as the Ruins. No… It was probably worse. There was a reason he had never been, had never wanted to go, has no desire to see it even now. If the Ruins were hard enough to navigate then surely the beach of the dead would destroy him completely in more ways than one.

They are both eager to shake off these thoughts of death that hound them and she opens the way, gives them an outlet with her coy glance and pout that make the fire along his spine crack and swirl. It had been awhile since their last bantering but one he had not forgotten and so he welcomes this playfulness from her, matching her switch in energy. Getting his mind off of everything from the eerie stones, the graveyard, the throbbing near his temples… It’s the best medicine he can think of.

"Maybe I would.” He says, mischief curling his mouth into a teasing smile. Tilting his head at her, a sharpness in his feral eyes. “Everyone has their secrets Lily, although I’ll admit I’m quite curious to learn about yours.

FYR

Photo by Little Willow Art

@Lillibet

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When did the colors fill in the spaces where there were none? - by Fyr - 02-09-2022, 08:05 PM