• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  When did the colors fill in the spaces where there were none?

Lillibet

There’s a hefty amount of freedom in voicing her vulnerability to Fyr that Lillibet had not anticipated feeling. Her comment had been sharp, full of anguish and fatigue, and prompted by the safety that the darkness brings. It could have been a pout, were there not so much weight behind it. She truly is exhausted by it all.

She had been taught the merits of authenticity in her youth, but Lillibet’s pride never allowed her to display anything other than unfaltering confidence in the presence of anyone other than Link. To break down today with Fyr, to share with him the raw emotions she feels and can only assume he does too, reminds her that they are still living. And at least they have that.

The Pangean crown tenses up for a moment, almost expecting the fire-wielder to coddle her. To tell her that it will be okay, that their families are still alive. That they will be found. But to her great relief, he doesn’t do that. He confirms what she believes to be their reality, and that feels better than anything else could have.

A quiet sigh falls from her lips and Lillibet presses her ivory maw to his neck for a brief moment before he softens against her, his words turning from something sad to something much happier. His hesitant smile is met with one of her own and the pink of a blush rises against her ivory cheeks as the flames crawl against his spine once more. Lillibet severs the touch between them begrudgingly, her instincts of self-preservation winning over the trust she feels for Fyr.

“And I, you.” Her words are gentle, perhaps even more vulnerable than her confession of exhaustion. “I am thankful for you, Fyr.”

She leaves it at that for a long while as they linger in the dark, before finally she lets a quiet sigh fall from parted lips. “Share a cave with me tonight?” There is no coy grin or playful smirk, only utter exhaustion and the simple need to be near to the one person who truly understands what this pain feels like.

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When did the colors fill in the spaces where there were none? - by Lillibet - 04-03-2022, 06:38 PM