• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I know who you wanted me to be

It almost feels a little bit like coming home, the way that Beyza’s magic brushes against her mind. Years have passed since she has felt a Magician’s power touch against her own, and even longer since it has been Beyza, a Magician that she considers a friend. She has very few of those, and in the presence of this one, Aela allows a shadow to creep across her face. It is still undeniably lovely, still exquisitely beautiful, but there is a very mortal tiredness that emerges across those divine lines.

She has been worried for her son, Fyr. Despite her loathing of deep water, she has come out here time and time again, trying to sense any part of him. All her trips here have so far come up empty, and her new relocation to the Taiga (with its long history of turmoil) has left her exhausted. As her friend descends on land, Aela smiles and then remembers what Kensley had told her, that Beyza was now a mother herself.

That she no longer lived in Pangea, either.

Beyza, she thinks warmly through their shared bond, not quite yet able to break old habits, peering up to the slightly taller mare with her trademark blue eyes.

”I have been better,” she finally says aloud, ”But seeing you is certainly an improvement.”

Do you always travel this way? she wonders (preferring the privacy of their minds), almost in a teasing tone. It's certainly a way to avoid the crowds.

@ Beyza

Messages In This Thread
    I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 02-04-2022, 05:10 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 02-09-2022, 03:18 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 02-14-2022, 10:25 AM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 01:14 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 03-06-2022, 12:00 AM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Aela - 03-07-2022, 12:28 PM
    RE: I know who you wanted me to be - by Beyza - 04-16-2022, 10:40 PM