• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Try to find meaning in hazy blurred out dreams

@Oriash
    ↼ORIASH⇁

they promised that dreams come true

If she were not so engrossed in the world she was creating, if it did not take all of her concentration, she might notice his response to the rumbling underfoot, might realize that that particular touch was not particularly considerate. She does not notice though, for her mind is elsewhere, weaving together things that are not there. All Ori can see are the stands of their senses that she tugs at, twisting and shaping them into something new. It’s a type of painting, certainly, though it’s not as simple as running a brush over a canvas. Illusions are a different type of art entirely.

When the illusion comes to an end and she turns her attention back to Link. He seems to appreciate her craft, and this pleases her in a way she cannot fully describe. I like the deer, he says, and she smiles. He asks about her antlers, and surprisingly, her smile does not falter even as Kagerus flashes through her mind. Perhaps it’s not surprising, not now anyway. They may have had their struggles before, but those wounds had been mended. The scars are not gone, and they never will be, but they no longer hurt as they once did.

”The antlers were a gift passed on through my mother, and they are far more real than anything I create. But I’ve always felt rather like I fit in among the deer, so perhaps that is why I created them.” They are always the same deer, with the same details. At this point, Ori has given them names for they are so often around her, conjured without thought.

As she finishes speaking, she makes her own antlers disappear. Invisibility is the trickiest of illusions, but she’s not moving, and so there’s nothing to compensate for behind her for the most part, which makes the trick a bit easier. Then, she paints them on Link's own head, adding for good measure the weight and feel of them. They change the way you need to hold your head, the effort it takes. She knows because they had to grow on her just like a real deer’s, and so she has experienced life without them for some time. Below Link, she paints a pond where he can look and see his own reflection so he can see just what he’d look like with them. ”I’m definitely biased, but they look good on you.”

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too

@Link

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

@Oriash