• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Try to find meaning in hazy blurred out dreams
    ↼ORIASH⇁

they promised that dreams come true

She understands loneliness. It is her constant companion as well, and she has never really imagined a world where it is not. There have been friends in her life, to some degree or another, but the truth is that she’s hardly lived a life at all. There are periods where things go well, even a brief period where she was granted time with her family and a chance to get to know some of them. But good things in Ori’s life are fleeting at best, though at least, there are rarely bad things either. No, instead, Ori just finds that she exists, floating through the days with an aimlessness that does her no good. But what else should she do?

Maybe it is why she loves the sky. It is a friend, in its way, even when the world below is not. It’s a quiet friend, for she has no way to speak to the sky or the birds that call it home, but still, she feels welcomed like a child come home, feels embraced by the clouds and loved by the sun, and so she spends more and more time there.

His answer is honest and sad though, and it breaks her heart for it’s a pain she knows all too well. A lost home, a lost family. It’s a story that is far too common, and one that she wishes hadn’t shaped her so. Without thinking, she takes a step forward and reaches out to offer her nose, a gentle brush against his own in reassurance (if he’ll allow it), though she steps back after the moment has passed. “I’m sorry,” she says simply, with a depth of feeling so real that it’s clear she means it. “I haven’t seen them, but I met your mother when I was still a girl. I would recognize her if I saw her again.” She would look for her. Her vantage point from above was certainly useful for such a task.

He seems to rally himself well enough, asking where she is from, though the story is no less tragic in its way. ”I was born in Silver Cove, where my mothers ruled as well. Though no long after Solace became sick, and she and Kagerus entered a dream state. I couldn’t tell you where my siblings were, but for a time, it was just me.” She paints a picture he can see. The meadow beneath them turns to the black sand beaches of the Cove, a young girl laying on the beach where the water meets the sand. There is no mistaking Oriash the child as she lays there until Castile finds her there, and she follows easily enough. “I was stolen to Loess, though I cannot say I fought. There was nothing to keep me in the Cove, though I will always miss those beaches. I grew up in Loess, where I met your mother actually, before she was Queen.”

The scene shifts, the black sand beaches giving way to the rocky hills of Loess. Ori grows before their eyes, and Ocean materializes. Ori’s not quite sure she has every detail of his mother correct, but she cannot forget that beautiful mare even if her memory is slightly imperfect. The pictures fade, and they are left in the meadow again. “Eventually I found some of my family again and moved to Tephra with them, though no place has ever really been home since the Cove. It’s not the same anymore though, so I stay in the common lands and the sky.” Perhaps the sky was her home now, for it certainly had never truly been anywhere on land.

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too

@Link

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Try to find meaning in hazy blurred out dreams - by Oriash - 03-15-2022, 09:38 AM