• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm no sweet dream but I'm one hell of a night: Star pony

How terrible, the liver chestnut laments and Aela reminds herself to look sorry over the news. The sinking of the South wasn’t such a great loss, but it had taken prime real estate and with it, had left the palomino with limited choices as to what the next steps in her future would be. That path had led her back to Taiga, and she sometimes wonders why the Gods hadn’t picked that infernal place to sink (again).

But there are other, more interesting things to focus on at the moment, so as Aela asks after the memories of the Beqanna that Indi remembers, she treads lightly; her gift brushes so softly against her mind, attempting to see for herself what the other woman recalls. And while some of it seems familiar - the Meadow, at least - little else does. There was nothing else for Aela to take note of, and so she let it go as easily as she could draw a breath.

"It’s been here for as long as I can remember,” Aela replies to the other female, resuming her journey through the shadowed Forest, alluding to her own time in the Land of the Sunrise. There was a hint of knowing in her gaze and lifting the edges of her perceptive smile, something that her companion might understand herself. Perhaps it was just how time passed outside of Beqanna, or perhaps she was like the Empath, an Immortal creature that would remain in these lands until they, like the South, vanished as well.

"Who knows,” she continues to explain and adds another suggestive sway to her hips as she walks, "Some say it was Carnage. Just like how he rose Pangea, he decided to sink Loess.” Aela says, naming the kingdom that had been lost, and then turns her pretty face back to Indi. "You do know who Carnage is?” she asks with a lilting tone, playful enough to be taken as flirtatious banter, but a serious enough question that might tell Aela more about her new acquaintance and just where her beliefs lay.

@Vindictive

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm no sweet dream but I'm one hell of a night: Star pony - by Aela - 03-07-2022, 03:25 PM