• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm no sweet dream but I'm one hell of a night: Star pony

They are both putting on a show, and if Aela had been in a sour mood, it might have irritated her. But she is restless these days. She has to keep an even temper and a calm mind while residing in the North. Obscene’s rule is still in its infancy and if they are to achieve the notoriety they had aimed for in the Pampas, that would only come about with patience.

It meant not lighting Wherewolf on fire if the opportunity presented itself. It meant striving for some kind of peace with Obscene, even when her irritation would rear its ugly head when she remembered his disappearance. It meant forging some kind of nefarious truce with Cheri, if only for the sake of pursuing a deeper knowledge of magic and its more mysterious workings.

Aela is brimming with curiosity at what her companion is trying to achieve. She knows fear. It is one of her favorite emotions, the easiest to manipulate, and the most powerful to feed on. The Empath can sense it from a mile away. While Indi plays the part of the damsel to perfection, she is standing in the presence of it. There is very little that the golden mare misses, and there is nothing of actual terror radiating from her.

There is no racing heart, no frantic pulse.
    Only the whites of her rounding eyes and it thrills Aela.
    She is very rarely in the presence of such a talented mimic.

”I don’t think He’s ever truly left,” the palomino purrs the words, drawing them out slowly as she rounds a thick tree trunk to emerge on the other side, coming to face Indi. ”Have you had any dealings with Him?” Aela asks, widening her own brilliantly-blue gaze, still feigning the part of prey though it was becoming glaringly obvious that there was none in their current game.

Only a pair of predators, she thought, stifling a wicked grin.

@Vindictive

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm no sweet dream but I'm one hell of a night: Star pony - by Aela - 03-18-2022, 06:44 PM