• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  If you wake up in a house that's full of smoke // Oriash

The herd of deer becomes apparent to Rhaegor just as the words leave his mind. His ears prick to catch the sounds of their living but he comes up empty; then, he notices how stillness characterizes each of the animals, how they do not blink or even breathe. When his curiosity peaks, the herd vanishes. Curious, he thinks to himself, a wane smile stretching his graying lips. I did not think us dreaming.

Shifting his attention, Rhaegor stretches his smile into an easy-going grin at the warm laughter of this woman who can be none but his sister. Indeed, her words confirm this just a moment later as she speaks the sacred names of his -- their -- parents. Before he answers, he takes a second to marvel at the age and beauty of this mare; she clearly has her hooves beneath her, has grown into the body of an adult before Rhaegor had the chance to even know she existed. He wonders just how many other mini-Kaglaces now litter the earth unbeknownst to him. Hell, he'd be willing to wager that there were fresh younglings occupying their mothers' orchard at this very moment.

Solace and Kagerus, the stallion echoes back with a good-natured huff. The air from the huff billows around his face in steamy playfulness in the early frigidity of the autumn air. I am one of their three eldest, from back when they lived in Hyaline many moons ago. When were you born? I would like to think that we'd have met by now.

The wind shifts and the mare's scent hits him anew. Wait a moment... Curious and feeling welcome in the mare's presence, Rhaegor shifts his body language towards her and asks, May I?

With his sister's consent, Rhaegor steps in close and ruffles her mane with his scent-seeking nostrils. Her tawny coat feels neither smooth nor rough and bears an aching familiarity to the painted hides of his mothers; but these facts pale in comparison to the information he seeks. After a long moment of his nose pressed along her neck and side, Rhaegor steps back, his grin yet fixed in place.

Well, sister, we may not have met, but I recognize your scent. You lived in Tephra for some time, in fact, at a time that I, too, lived in Tephra. Strange that we never crossed paths.

Rhaegor leans back on his haunches, shuffling his matching-pair wings. I am glad to have made your acquaintance now, anyhow. What is your name? And how are you getting on, these days?

@Oriash
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If you wake up in a house that's full of smoke // Oriash - by Rhaegor - 02-27-2022, 03:31 PM