• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you got me in love again

Lillibet

Have I neglected your company for so long?

Bolder’s tone draws a wide grin across her ivory face, and though she knows there is playfulness behind the faux hurt he has presented to her, there’s something about the way he says it that coils warmth in the center of her chest. ”It feels like I waited forever for you,” she responds in kind, with a pouting of her lips to match her tone. Lillibet dare not move, her muscles taut and still as she stands just at the cusp of the wide river valley. She knows he is near, not only because of the clarity of his voice but in the tension she feels. It grows and grows, begging her to bridge whatever gap remains between them.

But the game. She does, in fact, love the game.

It’s Bolder who wins on this night, and the Pangean crown is not afraid to admit it as an aghast gasp falls from parted lips at his suggestion and the sound of unfurling wings. ”Don’t you dare,” her words are harsh with mock affront as finally she pulls her ethereal frame from behind her rocky coverage and out into the open, where her glow spills across dust, rock, and calm river alike. Her molten gold eyes scan across the river until they are met with Bolder’s own warm glow - from his moon-marked face, and from the golden accessory she’d yet to see him don.

”Did you become an angel in your absence?” Her happiness at his presence is apparent as she begins to close the distance between them, the fact that he had bested her in their game forgotten for now. "Tell me, what exciting things have happened to you since we last spoke?" The quiet of Pangea envelops them and Lillibet tosses her head with exaggeration as she motions to the dark around them. "It's been dreadfully boring here."

I do not want to move mountains;
    I want the mountains to see me coming
    and to crumble.

RAYOFLIGHT

Messages In This Thread
    you got me in love again - by bolder - 02-19-2022, 08:30 PM
    RE: you got me in love again - by Lillibet - 02-21-2022, 07:10 PM
    RE: you got me in love again - by bolder - 02-27-2022, 08:14 PM
    RE: you got me in love again - by Lillibet - 03-02-2022, 07:26 PM
    RE: you got me in love again - by bolder - 03-12-2022, 10:10 PM
    RE: you got me in love again - by Lillibet - 03-25-2022, 10:11 PM
    RE: you got me in love again - by bolder - 03-27-2022, 06:12 PM