• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love me like the blackbird loves the night
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

The rain takes some time to soak his thick blue hide, but he hardly feels it when it does. The dark sand is firm beneath his feet, and he focuses on nothing but the beat of his heart and the way the air tastes of salt and metal as it passes through his half-open mouth.

His muscles begin to ache, and the lighting begins to flicker along his mane once more. Gale feels it the very same instant the white horse appears in the sky overhead, and he draws to a skidding halt long before there’s a chance he might spray them with black sand.

With his pale blue eyes narrowed beneath navy lashes, Gale attempts to identify the creature that has landed on what he’s begun to think of as his island. A white mare, but not Mazikeen, not the nameless mare from Ischia, not the dead angel from the thing’s memories. Someone new, and yet enough like them all that Gale cannot doubt at some blood relation, a train of thought that might have occupied him for some time.

But he does not have some time, for she is still standing there in front of him, with rain glancing off her glittering scaled sides. The narrowing of her eyes and the curling smoke he recognizes for what they are, and though he continues to walk toward her, he pauses just as far as he can without having to raise his voice to be heard.

“If we’ve met before, I don’t recall it, but I’d very much like to not be scorched.” What he’d really not like is the healing that would follow, and the way the lightning would come with the healing, and alongside the lightning: the memories. The same lightning would accompany any efforts he made to magically shield himself, and he does his best to keep secret the internal struggle to resist the siren call of the electricity.

The effort results in the faintest of frowns, a narrowing of his dark brow that increases the intensity of his blue gaze where it rests on the dragon mare.

@Casimira

Messages In This Thread
    RE: love me like the blackbird loves the night - by Gale - 03-02-2022, 12:34 PM