• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love me like the blackbird loves the night
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

They’ve never met, the scaled woman tells him. Some part of him is relieved at this, but it is a small and quiet part. The rest of him remains wary; the navy stallion can think of a myriad of ways he might have hurt someone he’d never met. She retreats but her voice is soft when she speaks, the combination doing little to settle his nerves.

Gale can feel the lightning as it dances across his fetlocks, but does his best to ignore it as she introduces herself.

@Casimira.
    Hyaline. Tephra.

The white mare of Ischia had called him the tormentor of Tephra, but he has no memory of being its king. His only memory of the volcanic kingdom are a few brief moments of standing in a shallow pool of water, and feeling the sunlight dappling his blue hide as he met the smiling silver eyes of a beautiful woman he’d not seen in a decade.

And King of Hyaline? How could he have ruled there, with Mazikeen knowing what he was? She wouldn’t have allowed it, he realizes, and a chill far deeper than the rain sinks into his bones. Perhaps he hadn’t directly hurt the draconic mare in front of him, but he’d most definitely done something terrible in Hyaline.

Gale has allowed his mind to wander away from the conversation, his own blue gaze a matte counterpoint to Casimira’s glittering dragon eyes. He returns to it with a shake of his head.

“I do not.” He admits, and tries not to think of the odds that she will believe him. “There is very little I can remember since…” Gale pauses, uncertain how much time has passed. “How long has it been since the Eclipse?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: love me like the blackbird loves the night - by Gale - 03-15-2022, 08:27 AM