• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and he told me I was holy, ashhal

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

Winter is the same as any other season as far as Ashhal is concerned. The biting cold is simply something to endure, just as mud is in the spring and heat is in the summer. With his feathers ruffled against the chill, his large, pale wings trap heat against his body. Even here by the river, where the wind whistles freely along its craigy path, he remains comfortable enough.

He hadn’t come here for peace though. If there is peace to be found, he has long since stopped recognizing it. Instead he seeks the quiet. Places where others won’t bring his ever-looming wrath to the surface. Unfortunately for him, it never seems to work out well. Someone always finds him, a plague of unwanted company. Sometimes he wonders what would happen to him if he ever did find a place where he could truly be alone. Wonders if the tension in his chest might finally ease.

Then he wonders if perhaps he needs the release others provide. If it might just build and build and build until he was forced to find an outlet.

Maybe he would never know.

Certainly not today. Much to his irritation, a pale, glittering form wends its way towards him. A female. His dark eyes follow her as a scowl etches itself into familiar grooves on his face. She had blended so well with the snow that he hadn’t noticed her until she approached. If he had, he might have left before she noticed him.

He could still leave, of course, but when she slips past him to sip from the river without a single word, he finds himself reluctantly intrigued. Which is really fucking stupid, but there it is. He had never had someone approach with such deliberation only to ignore him so completely. Hell if he was going to break this silence first though. He should just leave, damnit. Yet he stays, staring at her with a fiercely quizzical glare.

@Stargaze

Messages In This Thread
    and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Stargaze - 03-07-2022, 03:02 PM
    RE: and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Ashhal - 03-21-2022, 10:38 AM
    RE: and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Ashhal - 04-26-2022, 10:48 AM
    RE: and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Ashhal - 06-06-2022, 09:55 AM