• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and he told me I was holy, ashhal
    The rumble that sounds from his chest is like a flint against stone, and though she feels the spark of want that it tries to ignite, she carefully smothers it.

Letting her desires—things that she still doesn’t really understand, since she quells them as quickly as they rise—fog her thoughts wouldn’t do her any good. She did not want him to see anything other than what she allowed him to see; the blatant flirting was part of the act, an important piece to the game-play, but she wasn’t interested in letting someone actually capture her attention. She had been born from love, but she considered her parents to be the exception, not the rule, and so she found her fulfillment in other ways.

So instead she simply keeps her head tilted, eyes locked on his with that same unwavering devious glint.

“I never said I didn’t like you looking at me,” she says with a honeyed laugh, turning now to minimize the distance between them with careful steps. There is space left between them, a buffer to let him know she does not intend to ignore the imaginary barrier his hardened glare has created.

For now, at least.

“My name is Stargaze,” she tells him, and as she does so the previous white of her coat transforms, darkening to the velvet blue-black of a night sky, her mane and tail streaked with thin strands of moonlight silver. Where once she had been covered in snowflakes there are now stars, but the glowing constellation of dapples remains the largest and most prominent looking of them all. Her eyes, still a striking shade of blue, cast a glimmer of amusement when she asks, “Do you have a name to go with that irritated look you’re giving me?”
    S T A R G A Z E

Messages In This Thread
    and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Stargaze - 03-07-2022, 03:02 PM
    RE: and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Ashhal - 03-21-2022, 10:38 AM
    RE: and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Ashhal - 04-26-2022, 10:48 AM
    RE: and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Stargaze - 05-13-2022, 04:15 PM
    RE: and he told me I was holy, ashhal - by Ashhal - 06-06-2022, 09:55 AM