• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[complete]  Desperately wanting

It had always been part of the plan, the trek to the Mountain. The Beqanna she had been born in had been very different to the one she was in now. Magic ran rampant and she was at a disadvantage. Before, her wit and wiles would have been the only thing she truly needed to survive and get ahead. Now? Now she needed every advantage she could possibly get. Her Uncle’s instructions linger in her head as well as the interesting conversation that had revolved around Carnage that she had held with Aela on her return.

It spurs her to ascend the Mountain earlier than she had intended but she thinks her Uncle would approve, regardless. Unlike her younger brother, her intentions aren’t spurred out of jealousy or fear. It’s a knowing that she deserves such a thing and that she needs it to accomplish the task that had been given to her.

Signs of spring are everywhere when she arrives at the base and lets her storm-gray eyes cast upwards into the snowy peaks she must reach. A frown presses her lips together but there is only one way to go and it’s up. The climb starts out rather enjoyable. The weather is pleasant, the soft call of birds mingles with the soft steps of her hooves as she moves over moss and dirt. Then the climb becomes steeper and the air begins to hold more of a chill. She forgets when she stops hearing birdsong and keeps her gaze focused on the path that becomes harder and harder to read the further up she goes.

Time stops having a meaning and she stops keeping track of it. Despite the cold that now bites at her skin, sweat clings to her spotted fur as she curses under her breath and tries her best to not stumble and fall. The way has become more treacherous and she takes breaks often enough, her sides heaving with exertion. There is no enjoying the mountain goats that climb (better than her, she notes bitterly) over the Mountain’s sides or the bellow of elk in the distance. There is only her tiredness, the heavy weight of putting one hoof in front of another and making sure they land in the safest place possible.

It is freezing and dark by the time she finds the summit. Had it been a whole day? A week? She’s not sure. Snow surrounds her as she finally finds the sacred space and stands there, shivering hard and her legs trembling with exhaustion. Yet the sharpness remains in her cold slated gaze and she wastes no time in doing what she had come here for. “I seek the fairies or the Dark God, Carnage.” She starts, her lips numb and her words uneven as her teeth chatter but she remains where she is, unmoving in the cold. “I request power as all surely do here but I’ll be honest where other’s may not. I seek a power that can cause chaos, that can hurt others. Certain others in particular. My intentions are far from kind. I understand there is a price to pay for such a thing and I am willing to pay it if you see me worthy of it.” She halts, blinking as frost clings to her dark lashes. “I’ll do whatever I need to until you find me worthy.” She amends. Even if she was unanswered today, she would come back. Like a dog with a bone, this was something she refused to let go of.

Vindictive

Seeing red again

I was hoping to do something a little different if possible? If approved for a quest, would it be possible for it to be rolled which trait she can quest for/receive? The traits I had in mind to pick from are: Mind Control, Love Manipulation, Hypnotism, Possession, or Self Detonation & Reformation (All 3 space traits). Vindictive currently has no expressed or carried traits.

If this isn't ok I will amend the post and pick one, feel free to yell at me Big Grin

@Officials
    @Carnage

Vindictive shows up and says her speech, but no one on the mountain is answering the helplines today.

--

Your attempt for a quest was unsuccessful. You can try again in 2 RL weeks.

also, just FYI - please only tag the fairies in quest posts unless something else has been pre-planned!