• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it will be enough
    ↼ORIASH⇁

they promised that dreams come true

She is not left alone long, though there is enough time for her to breathe in the salty ocean air, to dig her obsidian hooves into the matching sand and to simply be for a moment. Ori had forgotten how much she loved this view, and despite the pain that lingers in so many memories here, she finds that in this moment it has no power over her. Maybe there has been enough time between then and now that the pain has finally left her, or at least, faded to a distant thing. Certainly it had left its scars, invisible though they may be, but maybe it no longer controlled her.

Her ears flick in the direction of the descending bird as the sound turns into hooves on sand. She cannot say she was expecting a stallion to emerge from the raven that had soared overhead, but here he was. His white face and teal eyes are sharp and beautiful (a thing she cannot help noticing, for she sees beauty in most everything). He stops an appropriate distance from her and she sees nothing in him to suggest that he’s disgruntled at her trespassing, but still, she finds her small bit of bravery fleeing from her in that moment.

When he speaks, he simply welcomes her, and she forces herself to keep her eyes on him and offers a polite nod in return. In reality, she wants to drop her eyes to the ground and shuffle her feet in the sand and mumble an apology before flying away, but the water laps at her feet and encourages her. ”I’m sorry for the intrusion,” she says, her voice polite but strong as she forces herself to be brave. She was here, and oh, how she wanted to stay. There was no turning back now. ”I grew up here and I admit, I missed the beaches. That is no excuse for trespassing though, I know.” She gives him a sheepish smile but keeps her eyes on those beautiful teal ones of his, refusing to give in to her usual nature.

”I’m Oriash.” The name is out before she can even think about it, and it nearly startles her. Oriash. How long had it been since she’d even given her full name? Years and years. She’d long since given up on that girl, but here…oh, here she feels like maybe she can find herself again.

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too

@Chemdog yay! don't mind me, I'm extra excited over here

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    it will be enough - by Oriash - 03-31-2022, 12:11 PM
    RE: it will be enough - by Chemdog - 04-01-2022, 10:55 AM
    RE: it will be enough - by Oriash - 04-01-2022, 01:44 PM
    RE: it will be enough - by Chemdog - 04-01-2022, 05:12 PM
    RE: it will be enough - by Oriash - 04-04-2022, 09:32 AM
    RE: it will be enough - by Chemdog - 05-28-2022, 06:46 AM
    RE: it will be enough - by Oriash - 06-01-2022, 03:44 PM
    RE: it will be enough - by Chemdog - 06-19-2022, 07:28 AM