• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  as out of my control as anything has ever been
    mazikeen
    Mazikeen snarls at his words, the markings on her scales burning a little brighter. Malik had told her, had been convinced, but it was not so easy for her. The Curse has pretended to be Gale before, back in the beginning. Back when they were both busy making unbelievably stupid decisions.

The familiar voice, the accent different than what she had become accustomed to, and the words it carries are not enough. She notices how he does not heal but that is not so terribly strange - the wounds are still active, she has not moved. And she quickly decides that she will not move either. Mazikeen is so far beyond doing anything he tells her to, so she ignores both of the options given.

Her claws do not dig any deeper but they don’t retract - she remains still, coiled and tense and so stressed she’s sure she could combust from the pressure of it at any moment now.

The large head of this dragon tilts downwards, focusing her wrath-filled stare on his face. Her next words are not shouted but they are undeniably angry still, harsh words barked out. “What did you say to Malik to get him to believe you? How did you convince my son?”

My son, because Gale did not deserve to lay any claim to the children they shared.

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as out of my control as anything has ever been - by Mazikeen - 05-07-2022, 12:04 PM