• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you know i never forgot

prime

He is young to have lived through so much chaos.
    He hears of things in fits and starts, primarily through eavesdropping, as he has no real friends to speak of. He has not seen his father in months, and his mother, well, he hasn’t even bothered looking. So Prime is confused but not distressed, because the lands that crumble and fall, they are of little importance to him – mostly it’s just names. He doesn’t know the lands, their intricacies. They might as well be far-off planets.
    He knows the forest, a little bit. The shadowy paths and cool shade, where he walks and sometimes feels the distant thrum of death. Sometimes he follows that energy, comes across the corpse of a deer or wolf or something larger. But mostly, he keeps walking.

It’s the forest where he’s found himself today. Shadows trail behind him, a ink-dark leaving of his aimless wandering. He hears the commotion before he sees her, the snapping of branches and the flurry of birds, forcibly risen from their perches. Curious, he moves toward the noise, and finally sees the mare, strange and dark and shimmering.
    “Hello,” he says, cautious, then “are you all right?”

who protects the shadow better than the dark?

Photo by Emily Goodhart

@Areane

Messages In This Thread
    you know i never forgot - by Areane - 07-10-2022, 08:55 PM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by prime - 07-15-2022, 08:15 PM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by Areane - 07-27-2022, 02:13 PM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by prime - 08-05-2022, 07:35 PM
    RE: you know i never forgot - by Areane - 08-14-2022, 07:30 PM