• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  New place new sensation
    Star 
    Stumbling into a new place, she observes the greenery all around with the sound of moving water from the river that keeps flowing. She takes a sniff to the new sensation of life around her as she seems quite curious about everything. 

Walking along to the river, she looks at her reflection as her mane remains long and covering her eyes. Her brown polka dots all around her body, an exact reflection. She seems unaware and aware at the same time with everything. 

Taking one step into the river, the feeling of the water flowing on that hoof was new. She lets out a little neigh as if she was very ecstatic with the feeling. As if she had ‘fun’ playing with water.

OOC: First time so might not be so great but feel free to say something to her :3
    The river reminds her the most of home; that is, if she ever thought of Hyaline as her home and forgot about the Silver Cove. Which was for the best, honestly.

She isn't exactly consciously present in the river's area either, however. Most of her time she floats like a speckled golden-white cloud of mist, hanging among, you know, the other mist that consists of the river's spray. She barely had noticed the storms, the changes in the lands, let alone the arrival of new species of horses. Sometimes being mist and clouds was just such a basic thing to do that she could as well not have existed as an equine.

And yet, today, the strange-coloured mist floats by another horse. A mare playing with the water, outing one excited whinny. It triggers a change, and Terhi moves and takes shape. A young palomino mare appears out of the misty golden cloud, but her golden eyes look around in a haze. She must have been a cloud for a long time, she notices. Although she cannot pinpoint what she's missing in the skyline beyond the trees, she knows it misses several somethings.

She notices it is daylight, and although she frowns a bit and blinks, she tries not to get upset about it. That's for tonight. No, right now, her eyes land on a mare by the water, and she splish-splashes through the riverbank towards her. "Ehm. Hello." she greets her shyly, her voice hoarse from disuse but nevertheless, she wants to interact. After all, it's not every day anymore that she finds another mare of her age to talk to, these days.

Tag: @Paj Sia
    OOC: so this is probably not so great either but hello!
    Letting out another whine, it was a bit startled as she turns to look at the new mare in front of her. The splashing of water could be heard as she turns around to face them. Tilting her head, she seems quite curious now at the new mare in front of her.

“H-Hello, who may you be?” She seems to take a few steps over to the mare but not too close. “I’m Paj Sia, but Paj is fine too.” She seems to push her mane a bit as it allowed her brown eyes to seen for a brief bit before it fell back down over her eyes.

Her polka dots were very visible with the light and her white base color made it more visible. 

@Terhi
    She seems to venture off from the river land as she runs off for a bit of a venture.
    The palomino seems not to truly understand that she made quite an entrance, having appeared out of mist into a horse. The mare before her seems startled and she vaguely registers it as not knowing why, her golden eyes noting the several dots and the way Paj's forelock gets in her eyes so much. She twists her ears a bit, trying to gather if something else may have startled the dotted Ranger but the hybrid mare responds kindly, anyway. "Terhi," she says softly, almost a whisper. "Nice to meet you Paj." she adds after a bit of time - too long perhaps, and perhaps too soft. She's not used to interacting much, especially now that such terrible storms had changed the lands once more.

@Paj Sia
    Looking to stop as she looks to Terhi, her ears flicker just a bit as she seems push her mane up again to look at them.”Terhi… that is a lovely name.” She seems to take a step closer to the mare and neighs just slightly. 

“What are you doing around these parts? Never seen you here or rather any others here. Just been a little quiet place.” She trots a bit around Terhi, making clopping sounds with her hooves.

@Terhi
    The constellation-marked girl doesn’t really know what to do with a name compliment, and smiles shyly. It was her mother’s choice after all, and hadn’t sounded much unlike her sister’s name, only softer. But perhaps that also could be said for their characters. Terhi felt like she was… tainted, at or from birth, but she had no-one to blame for it really, except maybe whomever brought the sickness into the world in the first place.

The mist-shifting woman looks the dotted one over and lights up just a bit from the normalcy of the conversation. ”I’ve been here and there a long time. Just not always…” she hesitates a little, gesturing to the water vaguely. As a horse, she had wanted to say but the words appeared to be a bit obnoxious as Paj would have seen that. ”What about you? Are you native to Beqanna?” she tries, deviating from the topic of how or how long Terhi might have floated around as just a strange mist.

@Paj Sia
    This polka dotted horse has her ears flicker again to this mare as she still seems quite curious and goes on a little closer with a soft but friendly neigh. "I suppose I can be native... not too sure since I just came around and appeared here. I'm not too familiar with everything but I really love the company! I think Terhi’s mist is beautiful too! What does Terhi do around in here? Does she perhaps any stories to share with me or experiences?"

This mare seems to really be curious about the world as she seems excited and sees the mist. She seems to neigh again in happiness and excitement from seeing the mist.

@Terhi
    Terhi looks a little bewildered at the other mare, but concludes that she is new to the realm of Beqanna from the way she suggests she could be a native - become one, so to say. She nods slowly at that, thinking that the way back may also be less obvious to Paj Sia, just as she might have stumbled across Beqanna - or Terhi, at least - earlier. Paj is friendly enough, though very inquisitive, but the palomino mare doesn't mind so much and attenuates it to the fact that she is new and trying to learn about the world she is now in.

"Honestly... it seems quiet now. But Beqanna can be terrible. I was born in a time where there was a strange magical sickness running rampant. But Beqanna changes - changes often enough that the hard times pass by eventually, too." she admits to the polka-dotted mare. "I hear that lately a lot of lands have been flooded, and then some swept away in terrible storms. So in a way, most of the inhabitants have to find their way again, too." She muses. Then she shrugs. "There is one kingdom left that you can visit, if you want. That's the Brilliant Pampas."

@Paj Sia
    She smiles, trotting over closer to the other mare as she blinks a few times with joy to hear the story. "Is that how it all happened?! Is that why the place I am at is so quiet with stillness all around? I feel like we should be shouting with no return! Enjoy life to the fullest and never give up! For someone like me with no magic, I would work hard still! I have visited the Brilliant Pampas and its got a nice horse there too!" 

She moves along back over to the graze a bit before she looks back at the other mare. "Is magic that important around here?" She seems oddly curious about this so called 'magic' that she does not at all possess other than being a simple horse that just happens to pop out of nowhere almost like from thin air.

@Terhi