• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i want to feel the edges start to burn
    Focused on his drink, Ruhr does not immediately notice the eyes upon him. Only when he has had his fill, and washed the last of the sleep’s bitterness from his mouth does he raise his dappled head to look around again. He meets an unexpected gaze, and at first his expression is one of alarm, thinking that the translucent-winged Stratosian he’d been trying to avoid earlier had somehow found him.

But the surprise turns very quickly to a bashful chuckle, for it is quite clear that the spotted mare in front of him is most certainly not the yellow stallion he’d been trying to avoid. She is certainly smaller and definitely much chattier than his brother.

“I’m called Ruhr,” he answers, his sheepish laugh transitioning into an easy smile. “And these are the wings the Moon has given me.”It’s not the whole truth, but sharing that the deity had taken all else she’d given him is not the sort of confession one tells a stranger.

He senses there are more questions behind the mare’s intensely curious gaze. He decides to ask some of his own, as it feels only a fair trade.

“Who are you? Are these your woods?”

@Snowbell oh no worries! i'mma double tag this time just in case! @LittleSong

Messages In This Thread
    i want to feel the edges start to burn - by Ruhr - 03-05-2023, 08:01 PM
    RE: i want to feel the edges start to burn - by Ruhr - 03-24-2023, 10:35 PM