• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i want to feel the edges start to burn
    ‘I don’t even know who the Moon is.’

Ruhr cocks his head, his blue eyes narrowing slightly. She doesn’t know of the Moon, the celestial source of all magic, the deity worshipped by the natives of Stratos? It is no wonder she is ungifted, Ruhr realizes. The powers gifted by the deity are lesser here in Beqanna than they had been in the world before, but Ruhr has not lost his faith in the unseen.

But it soon becomes clear that the Moon Goddess is not the only thing that the spotted mare does not know. She is alone here, she tells Ruhr, without history or ties. The dappled stallion becomes thoughtful as she chatters, telling him of the meadow and asking after his history in the sky and of living on clouds.

“Yes, Stratos - my homeland - is among the clouds. Our deity, the moon, grants us pieces of her magic.” He stretches out his wing again, indicating that this is such a gift.

He had intended to find a home, ideally in a kingdom of some sort, and work his way up in the ranks. Ruhr had been someone in the sky, but that time is past. Now he means to become someone here.

Snowbell is not going to be as helpful on that front as he had hoped, and her knowledge of Beqanna seems as limited as his own.

“I’ve flown over the Meadow,” he tells her, “but not north of that. Seems that might be where most of this place’s residents live.” He looks that way, though nothing is visible beyond the canopy of trees. “Suppose I should head that way.” He hesitates for a moment, then shrugs to himself and asks: “Would you like to come along? Maybe see some of this place beyond the meadow and forest?”

@Snowbell

Messages In This Thread
    i want to feel the edges start to burn - by Ruhr - 03-05-2023, 08:01 PM
    RE: i want to feel the edges start to burn - by Ruhr - 04-02-2023, 05:44 PM