• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i want to feel the edges start to burn
    Ruhr is not an especially devout follower of the Stratosian beliefs, but in the curious eyes of the spotted mare, he sees an opportunity. She doesn’t know his beliefs, and he can take advantage of that. He can make himself seem more than he really is, and he suspects that the mare will believe him.

“I’ll tell you everything I know,” He says, and resettles his feathered wings along his sides, knowing how attentive she had been to such reminders of his abilities. “And then maybe, if you do everything that I tell you, the Moon will give you a gift as well.”

As he says it, Ruhr smiles and his left wing extends, the pinfeathers brushing gently against her shoulder, in the same place where wings might grow. There is no harm in flirting, he decides. Maybe if she falls in love, she’ll be more likely to do as he says and follow. It will be much easier to start building power if he has a following, and Ruhr wants to have power again. First though, he needs to find a place to begin building it, and for that he must leave the common lands.

“There are many celestial deities, but the Moon is the greatest of all. She rules the heavens.” With his extended wing, Ruhr now gestures toward the path that leads out of the forest and toward the Chamber. Speaking as he walks, he explains: “The world is changed now, and the council no longer rules Stratos. There is no one to interpret her will. I intend to find a home, and then to petition her for gifts to build status in one of these new lands. If I am successful, that will be a sign she has chosen me to speak for her.”

He has grand plans, it seems. It is a shame he never has the ability to follow through with them. This time though, he is more hopeful than before. @Snowbell seems an amenable sort of, and is pleasing to the eye despite her lack of traditional Stratosian signs of beauty. Perhaps he will ask the Moon for feathers for the spotted mare; something to brighten her up.

“I believe this is the way to the Chamber,” he says when they come to a divergence in the path. “I’ve heard there are cliffs near the sea. Good for flying, and watching the moon. Let’s try there first.”

Messages In This Thread
    i want to feel the edges start to burn - by Ruhr - 03-05-2023, 08:01 PM
    RE: i want to feel the edges start to burn - by Ruhr - 04-25-2023, 10:04 PM