• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

“what do you fear, lady?' he asked. 'a cage,' she said.”; any

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

And Beqanna yields yet another blessing with the draft wave of her pale hand. The gentle pink pointed bay finds herself into the Dale, sides swelled with a growing life, and also a growing smile.

Her thoughts drifted to her former painted lover, the leopard Kreios. Would he be proud of her strength, her wit, her ability to survive? It did not matter much for she had. Ygritte droops a wing to stroke her swelling side. This foal was not of the former king but Ygritte would love her fiercely nonetheless.

Her good eye, the left, glitters amber honey in the sunlight as her pony like features youthfully gaze by the Beqanna magic. Ygritte moves confidently with as little wincing as possible as she sought any others who may dwell but the chances seemed slim…and she wouldn’t be alone for long before the foal came. The old queen knew the ways of motherhood well and the impatient foal in her belly would be an earthly presence soon.

With a blue glittering sky, the daylight soon reflected over the hide of the salmon bay mare till she soon took upon the skyscape in a matching pale Alice color blue. Ygritte was happy. It swelled in her breast and across her lips. There was peace in her heart as she finally felt to be at home after so long. The Dale, as close as the Dazzling Waterfalls (and she had found) would be her home.

Ygritte.

Before she knows it, she is swallowed whole.
    The portal opens up underneath her and spits her back out at the top of the Mountain. It feels familiar, being at the top: footing unsteady, air thin, body chilled. It reminds her of the Reckoning, when the earth quaked and all she could hear were the screams of those lost and scared. Even Ea, then the cold, repressed Queen, was panicked, frantic, yelling out for her family or anyone she recognized.
    But today she stands calmly, looking out onto Beqanna, the land unfamiliar until she catches a glimpse of a place she would know anywhere.
    The Dale.
    She begins her descent excitedly — any familiarity at all is welcomed after traversing through time in another world — but soon the path down the mountain, steep and uncertain, requires her to move slowly and carefully.

Her trek takes a few days, but then, she arrives.
    It’s beautiful; she had long-missed the green valley and the crystal blue lake and the rocky hills that surrounded them. She moves towards the lake to take a drink, remembering that it had once given her a spirit companion for protection, when she became a true Dalean. She wonders now what has happened to that piece of her spirit.
    For some reason, Ea hasn’t expected to see any others in the Dale yet — they’d always been a small, quiet but fierce community — and so when she spots a winged mare nearby, she takes pause. The mare is bright blue, a tribute to the clear sky perhaps, and although she looks familiar, Ea can’t quite place her.
    “Hello!” She says loudly as she turns to walk towards the other mare. “I’m Ea,” she says as she reaches her, tilting her head slightly, “are you the first to reach the Dale? Have you seen any others?” Others, perhaps, like those who had been left behind in the Reckoning.
    AND I KNOW NONE OF THIS WILL MATTER IN THE LONG RUN,
    BUT I KNOW A SOUND IS STILL A SOUND AROUND NO ONE

BETTER BEWARE, I GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT
    DEVIL-MAY-CARE WITH A LUST FOR LIFE

Blessedly another horse shows up!

Perhaps the old bay queen should exercise more caution but audibly sighs with relief to see another face The sky colored mare slowly reverts back to her standing bay and salmon and laughs gentle, turning her head more prominently to gaze at the other with her good eye. Ygritte has remained youthful inside and out, the Beqanna magic has blessed her well. She spent many days reflecting and feeling beside herself with how past events has taken their charge but...somehow with the return of the Dale, as close to the Falls as she could manage, Ygritte is renewed again.

"Thank goodness! I was beginning to think it was only I and the little one," Ygritte motions to her swollen belly that moved in response to her voice, "And Ea, I am Ygritte. I do believe I may have been the first but hopefully we are not the last. My heart is absolutely brimming to see this land!" She laughs deeply in her small form, her wings sifting and settling over her nearly termed baby. "Perhaps you'd like to walk with me? Let's see if we can find any others...plus it's time for this child to meet this world and I do believe she needs a little motivation." Ygritte smiles warmly.

The bay mare lets her good eye drift off, as there are voices on the horizon, though she does not fear anything in this moment. Beqanna felt right after so long, she felt at peace since the day the world slipped away along with the sight of Kreios. Ygritte felt alive, happy, fulfilled. She was the daughter of Texas and Naitivity, she could never simply lay down and die, a forgotten heap of silly old bones. No, she was to thrive in this new (old) world.

"Shall we, Ea?" Her smile splitting her pink-orange likes wildly and welcomingly, her smiles always coming easily. "Tell me about yourself...I'd love to reminisce and see what Beqannian memories we may share, the names and faces we both my know."

Ygritte.

@Ea