• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Auto-Quest] I know that time is elastic [entity claim]

She’d overheard rumors of magical entities returning. Not the ones she was familiar with, before the Reckoning, but some older and powerful queens whose names she barely recognized. She vaguely knew of Craft and Anatomy, from their brief history in the Dale.  Straia, of course, had ruled the Chamber at roughly the same time that Ea had been in the Dale, and had caused enough trouble that Ea knew to stay away from her. But the other two she knew nothing of, except they had all crawled out of the Afterlife, as she had, but sacrificed themselves to close it back up. 
    Ea knew what it was like to sacrifice pieces of yourself for others. 
    And so, once again, she finds herself at the bottom of the Mountain, looking up. The last time she’d climbed it — with Ashley, Tiphon, and Phaedrus — they’d gone in search of a new home, and were blessed with Ischia. Memories of another lifetime. 
    She begins her climb: step by step, shallow breaths, gritted teeth. 
    And when she finally reaches the top, she catches her breath and gathers herself. “Beqanna,” she begins, knowing it can only be the land herself that would hand out such gifts. “I am Ea, here to ask for the entity of Craft and Anatomy on behalf of the Dale.” She waits for a moment, unsure of what may happen next until —
    She blinks, and finds herself at the bottom of the Mountain once again. And then, she turns and sets off for the Dale.
    AND I KNOW NONE OF THIS WILL MATTER IN THE LONG RUN,
    BUT I KNOW A SOUND IS STILL A SOUND AROUND NO ONE

2 in land - here and here
    3 more posts - here, here, and here