• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  give me something to keep my mind off this so-called life
    To be so detached, Famkee finds herself popped from a portal like womb with many different aspects of herself thought to be buried, never to see the light of day again. This lunacy keeps her reserved, quiet, more than she'd prefer. Sure, she's never been much of a socialite but this is topic, wouldn't show it's moonlit face for many cycles to come. Her opportunistic ways haven't changed, and the more time she spends in the stallions presence, the more she wants to squeeze the ripened fruit of it's nectar. He shares her hesitancy, his composure is respected by her but she keeps the distance to preserve the silence she so desires deep down. 

One thing she can't control is the distractions her mind fabricates. Her feeble attempts at blinking the images away are in vain, they don't dissipate, they bloom in her determination to block the visuals. Perhaps her gift from the mountain evolves before she can catch up, she feels an uncomfortable derangement, one that floats her far away from the reality she desperately clings to. She wonders if he notices, she feels nuts in his company and this altered consciousness shelters the silence, cradling it for her to return unscathed. She knows he knows something is awry with the way he watches her, like he wants to pry but doesn't feel it's his place. 

She wants to apologize, she feels as though she's not even present any longer to offer her aid. But just as if she thinks she's lost to these unknown faces, unfamiliar events plaguing her thoughts, everything is engulfed, sucked back to wherever it chose to manifest and suddenly she's thrown back into her body, the delightful tangible awareness of her senses returns. "I'm sorry, I..." She takes another deep breath to ease her anxious shuffling, now that she's untethered she tries her best to relax under his gaze. "I don't know what to make of what I came back from the past with." Many faces she sees she doesn't know, places unrecognized. For some reason she feels like they haven't even happened, though with the magic that enraptures Beqanna she can't say she should be shocked. 

He grounds her whether she likes it or not, gives her sense of material she can audibly render, a sight to behold. In a way she's thankful he crossed her path, she might have gone crazy without him. Though she opened a door she wasn't sure she was quite ready for as he reveals his experience from past ailments of the equines of the sea and sky. All an accident, something she still finds hard to believe. She wants to feel bad for him, after all each of them had their own encounter centuries ago, set to right the wrongs, the misunderstandings of the ancient. "I wouldn't take it personal," She starts slowly, unsure of how to break it to him that none of this was truly in their hands, it was ultimately in the faith of past rulers decisions to make peace of the future. "I don't think they truly listened to any of us, fully. They were filled with grief, an emotion that fuels many others." She knows this feeling all too well, its monstrous hands have had a hold on her throat for many torturous years. "All we can hope is that the present times can heal, and from what I've heard, many lands have returned." Ones she has no attachments with, nor it's society. 

Maybe he does though, she wants to ask, velveteen lips creating a pathway for depth. "How long have you lived in Beqanna?" She wants to ignore his penetrative questions about her prior wounds, still filleted open and raw. Her demeanor changes quickly, it stings, though she doesn't mean to come off as rude or dismissive, her grief bleeds turning her pretty face sour around the edges. She couldn't think of one creature on this planet worth sharing her pain or her mistakes, and unfortunately the nameless stallion is no exception. "My past is none of your concern." Bitterly she gripes, ears flattening with a harsh grit of clenched incisors. She doesn't apologize, nor show remorse. He could never know the pain, though she's annoyed by his boldness, he couldn't have known the misery that constantly keeps her sore. In a way, she can appreciate the unapologetic nature, it's real, genuine. She has no right to pry into his past, when she keeps her under a lock and key. He doesn't have to answer her questions, it's only fair. 

For a moment she wonders his capabilities, his new gifts shouldn't be wasted, especially the weapon newly bestowed on his head, one she's protected many with, taken many lives with. The last time she'd seen another horned equine was the evacuation of her homeland, though he wasn't born with his horn, the memories of her family flood her concentration.  Her irritation isn't hidden, she decides to change the subject to benefit them both. "Have you flown yet?" Golden eyes admire his wings, imagining that he must be clumsy, untrained in the art of soaring the clouds. He resembles her build, they stand nearly the same height and weight, but Famkee couldn't fathom lifting herself from the earth with simple beating of avian appendages. She takes a few confident steps towards him, pointing her muzzle to his horn crowned atop his skull. "More importantly," A small smirk returns to her maw, golden summer is her coat, slithering snakes of aurelian wrap themselves around the serrated points of her bone like horn. "It's an honor to wear this weapon, do you know how to use it?"   
    if my heart is in your hands will i die
    Famkee

@assailant
     [Image: EOU990v.png] Famkee [Fahm-key]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: give me something to keep my mind off this so-called life - by Famkee - 03-28-2023, 02:21 PM