• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  rivers fall to the ocean side; any
    KENSLEY
    Here is what coaxed him out of the darkness: storms call to storms, thunderheads beget thunderheads. There is lightning skipping across the surface of her and thunder shuddering through his bones and he has lived long enough as the storm to know what it means and yet it remains a mystery to him. 

He still does not know how to live as nothing at all.
    (He had been whole once. And then he had lived as a dead thing. And then, for a blessed year, he had been restored. Until.

Until?
    The son had been born made of shadow, but that had been so many years before. 
    There had been absolutely no explanation for why he had woken up one morning to find that he himself had been reduced to vapor, fog.)

Finally, he smiles.
    Smiles and turns those black, black eyes (they had been blue once, blue and kind and steady) out over the ever-changing world and kind of nods, contemplative. 

“It’s hard to believe, isn’t it?” he asks, shifting his focus back to her face. “All the ways things can change?” He asks it as if they are old friends and perhaps they are, kindred spirits at least, relics as they are.

The Chamber has risen, he’s heard. He wonders if he might find Ana there, but he is too afraid to go looking. Perhaps the two of them are more alike than they realize.

“My name is Kensley,” he says. “It’s strange to be so impossibly old.”
    ( I SWORE MY DAYS WERE OVER OF COURTING EMPTY DREAMS
    I WORSHIPPED AT THE ALTAR OF LOSING EVERYTHING )

Messages In This Thread
    rivers fall to the ocean side; any - by Cordis - 03-23-2023, 02:41 PM
    RE: rivers fall to the ocean side; any - by kensley - 04-01-2023, 05:41 PM