• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Auto-Quest] One for All [Entity Claim]
    Jesper had only visited the Mountain once before. He answered the Ice Queen's call for help. As luck would have it, the fairies blessed him with a new gift: the ability to adapt to any environment. It certainly had proven invaluable over the years. The black stallion dares not to ask too much of the fairies. He greatly respects them and, is grateful for all that he has been given, already.

So, what brings the fox-shifter to the foothills of the Mountain, on this particular day? His acute auditory sense picked up whispers of magical entities that were once found in Beqanna. They existed before his time; though, his grandsire, Brennen, had told him the story of his birth. His mother, Bethanie, whom had been injured in a great battle, gave birth to Jesper by the grace of the Dazzling Waterfall's magic. He remembers Brennen's words: "They loved that kingdom [Dazzling Waterfall]... Almost as if it was a living creature, and not just a place to live. They served it for all of my lifetime, some seven or eight generations."

As a tribute to his bloodline, and indebted to the life that the Waterfall gave Jesper, the equine begins his determined journey up the mountainside. He focuses on one step at a time, choosing the soundest ground to place each surefooted hoof. As he climbs, Jesper feels fortified and, his sense of purpose revived. He finds his lungs and heart not as strong as his determination, and so, takes a pause or, two, to admire the majestic scene and, catch his breath. He pushes on without any complaint from his muscles. He pushes on until he reaches the summit. Once there, he takes a deep breath of the thin, crisp air. Jesper then focuses on his address to the fae. He musters his vocal chords and, speaks in a gentle, steady tone. "I, Jesper, wish to bring the magic entity, Nikkai, home to Pangea. I vow to protect and serve her, as my mother, grandmother, and great grandmother did."

The black steed feels justified in standing at the summit of the Mountain. He hopes the fairies feel the same way. When he can no longer hear the echo of his own words, the Anglo-Arab type male begins his careful descent down the Mountain, and back home.

https://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=31115 (2 posts in Pangea)