• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Just give my life meaning Pt 2
    rapt
    rapt.

I need you to be a monster
    which is to say, I am trying not to love you

He smiles a little at her words. She’s kind – too kind, maybe – but he could use a little kindness. It’s nice, to be like this, with a kind red roan mare and idle conversation, and he tries not to let himself think of anything else.
    “Nice to meet you, Leilin,” he says. And it is. He’s spent so much time chasing monsters, and she is no monster, and never mind how he still dreams of beasts and kneeling before them.

His smile turns to a laugh as she keeps speaking, making him out to be something unique. He’s a bit different, sure, with the glow about his mane and tail, but his color is common enough and he lacks the extravagance of so many of the horses here.
    “There are many,” he says, “and many far more unique and colorful than me. I’ve seen horses in every color imaginable, and many with the features of other animals.”
    Like beasts, he thinks, like monsters.
    “I’m rather plain, by Beqanna standards.”
    He shrugs. He is not bothered by this – Rapt rarely plays unwinnable games.
    “What’s the best place that you’ve found, in your wanderings?” he asks, for he, too, is a wanderer, and he is lost, and he wants to know what places she might have found.

which is to say, I am still dreaming of kissing your claws

@Leilin

Messages In This Thread
    Just give my life meaning Pt 2 - by Leilin - 03-27-2023, 08:23 PM
    RE: Just give my life meaning Pt 2 - by rapt - 03-28-2023, 03:22 PM
    RE: Just give my life meaning Pt 2 - by Leilin - 03-28-2023, 09:00 PM
    RE: Just give my life meaning Pt 2 - by rapt - 04-02-2023, 07:27 PM
    RE: Just give my life meaning Pt 2 - by Leilin - 04-02-2023, 08:59 PM
    RE: Just give my life meaning Pt 2 - by rapt - 04-07-2023, 02:14 PM
    RE: Just give my life meaning Pt 2 - by Leilin - 04-07-2023, 08:09 PM
    RE: Just give my life meaning Pt 2 - by rapt - 04-13-2023, 12:41 PM
    RE: Just give my life meaning Pt 2 - by Leilin - 04-17-2023, 11:41 PM