• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  dawn is coming, open your eyes, phae

daedalus ---

More and more of Dae’s rugged armor falls from his body as Dear charms him into oblivion. Typically charming himself—and touched with a bit of arrogance—he doesn’t often find himself at loss for smooth words. But the longer he peers at the little fawn in front of him, the less he has to say. It’s as if his tongue dries up in his mouth, curling inward as every wicked response dies in his throat.

“Love is far from ordinary, Dear,” Dae finally answers, nearly puzzled.

Looking at her, smaller than average and delicately antlered, the stallion knows she is anything but ordinary. Flighty and beautiful, but certainly not ordinary. His bright eyes stray to the spots dotting her back and a wistful smile upturns his lips.

“I think,” he starts, conspiratorial once again, “that coming from love—and to know you come from such love—in a place like this is to be celebrated.” He leans down as he speaks, voice as low and slow as a lazy summer thunderstorm.

“I’ve never seen anyone quite like you . . . or been disarmed in the way you’ve disarmed me.” He smiles and it’s so genuine and handsome that it’s almost wicked. There’s a warmth petering out of his chest, a sincere and almost intoxicating enjoyment, as he looks away—embarrassed.

“Why do you know you come from love?”

-----------we'll have our time when stars collide

@dear

Messages In This Thread
    dawn is coming, open your eyes, phae - by dear - 04-08-2023, 03:42 PM
    RE: dawn is coming, open your eyes, phae - by daedalus - 04-22-2023, 02:37 PM