• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  forgive these bones i’m hiding

there's a whisper in my bones
    keeping me restless and whole

There is a kind of peace to this routine, a comfort in the path she treads.To another, it might appear as though she follows a meandering path with no destination in mind. To Istrid however, it is familiar. One she has followed more than once in an endless loop. Always there is something new. Something interesting to occupy her time.

Where others might see restlessness, she sees only home.

She had taken the form of the large, black cat early this morning and had yet to relinquish it. What she found as a panther was always so different from what she found as a horse, and today, she is interested in different.

The sun warms her dappled black coat as she pads silently through the dried, rustling grasses. Warm enough to weary her limbs. Warm enough that she soon begins imagining long naps in the afternoon sun. And when she stumbles across the pale stallion already napping, she imagines it must be a sign from the universe.

She eyes him curiously for a moment, pink eyes bright against the pitch of her fur. When he does not wake, she settles onto her belly, front paws tucked under her chest as she stares at him. She stares until her eyes grow heavy. Until her head droops and that promised afternoon nap overtakes her.

His gasp awakens her, launching her awake just as he had been. She hisses at him as she skitters backward before settling into a wary crouch. She does not know it had been a nightmare that had awakened him, so she watches him with unblinking eyes, unsure whether she should be preparing to attack or flee.

istrid

@litotes

Messages In This Thread
    forgive these bones i’m hiding - by litotes - 04-26-2023, 03:45 PM
    RE: forgive these bones i’m hiding - by Istrid - 04-27-2023, 09:17 AM
    RE: forgive these bones i’m hiding - by litotes - 05-11-2023, 02:21 PM
    RE: forgive these bones i’m hiding - by Istrid - 05-17-2023, 08:51 AM