• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'm losing you and it's effortless
    AND I KNOW LIFE GOES ON BUT I MISS YOU IN THE DARK

It went without saying that he loved the night.

He appreciated the sunlight, of course; he knew how to savor the warmth of honeyed rays against his skin, and noticed the way the dew-touched grass glistened in the golden light of dawn. It did not escape him that there was a certain kind of beauty to be found when cold, bright light filtered through the autumn-stripped branches of trees, or across a glistening expanse of water—as if diamonds had been scattered across it.

But he was made for the night.

The day made him feel restless, exposed, and he knew his star-covered skin looked out of place in the afternoon light. With his silver eyes looking upward he could not control the quiet sigh that brushed past his lips, staring as if he might will the sun to set faster if he stared at it. Nightfall was still hours away. 

Adjusting his feathered wings, he sweeps his gaze across the meadow. There is nothing and no one in particular that he searches for (perhaps his twin—the moon to his stars—though he does not expect to see him in the meadow this afternoon), but that does not stop him from hoping that there will be something, someone, to distract him until the night comes.
    A V I O R
    Familiarity was a stranger, a distant mirage. The closer she would get, the more she realizes if it's even there at all. 

The summer heat bakes the air, and for a moment she steps out of her dissociation to gather that maybe these conditions are in fact intimate to her. She remembers the meadow, the faces she'd reunited, the welcoming plain to which she'd first arrived. It brings a bit of peace to harness her worries, assuming she always has something to be uncertain about, which isn't entirely true. You could call her a realist, though pessimism could be mistaken for her outlook on life, Famkee is a survivor. 

What she couldn't ignore was just how beautiful this day was and what better way to spend it than here, basking in the sunlight. Her favorite time of the year, the radiance favored her well, golden on golden. The long grasses begin to trickle the sides of her flanks as she emerges from the tree-line to be exposed to the mercy of the prairie. Contentment settles deep inside her chest, a long lost feeling that for the first time, she accepts wholeheartedly. She almost feels guilty, comfort always came with a price and this keeps her unknowingly on her toes. It's sad really, only feeling harmony as a brief exchange. Everything has it's end. 

What she doesn't expect is a sore thumb, exploring the meadow as she lazily does. Perhaps she sees him before he does her, nevertheless he doesn't look like he's particularly at ease. Out of place more or less, he looks as though he belongs soaring the stars, perhaps they spit him out to land here inside the meadow for her to behold. She's nearly his polar opposite, though she does have her darker points, he's akin to peering into a cosmic void. 

Tentative is her mind, but confident are her steps forwards, too intrigued to want to search elsewhere. "Hello." Her soft voice breaks the silence, she surprises herself at what social influence she's possessed lately, normally only a second glance and she'd be on her own way. "Never thought i'd see the stars during the day." Cheeky is her grin that forms around her mouth, though she remains virtually stoic. It's not hard to miss that she's built for combat, but hopefully, this interaction won't spark any trouble.  The horned mare stands her ground for now, curious as to what the star ridden avian has to offer.    
    No rain, No flowers
    Famkee

@Avior 
    This isn't my best, i apologize D:
     [Image: EOU990v.png] Famkee [Fahm-key]