• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn If You Must, Rise From The Ashes
    As Umani listens intently to the story of the fiery bird reborn and renewed from ashes, she can't help but feel a connection to it. Although she doesn't recall being engulfed in flames, she takes his word for it. "It sounds so similar. I believe I heard that tale when I was young. It's been years since I thought about it. If I could go back, I would do anything to save my son," she says, her voice filled with sadness as she realizes that it's too late and he is gone for good. "He was such a cute little colt, so full of life. He brought spring to my stride."

Taking a moment to imagine her life if her son were still in it, Umani wonders if she would have met Doctor and realized the magic brewing inside her. She looks to Doctor and asks, "Is it all from my son's death? What if the fairies sacrificed him? Maybe he somehow knew that for me to have my rebirth, he had to die."

@Doctor

Messages In This Thread
    Burn If You Must, Rise From The Ashes - by Umani - 03-11-2024, 08:31 AM
    RE: Burn If You Must, Rise From The Ashes - by Umani - 03-22-2024, 07:20 PM