• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Rejoice! He Has Risen [Jack]

AuroraElis

The whirlwind that has become their lives continues on tonight.  Jack, having died, is now standing.  She isn't sure what is the cause, but she assumes it to be the work of the magical shamrock he had eaten earlier that day.  Regardless it is a most welcome miracle!

She bursts into tears of joy as Jack opens his eyes finally.  "No, I'm ok," she laughs through her tears, her nose still pressing into him.  The sky in beginning to streak colors of morning when he finally comes to.  He apologizes as he lifts his head wearily and she can't imagine what for.  Her muzzle breaks contact as she backs up a step, allowing him space to get a foot hold.  The golden flecks in eyes sparkle as she watches him slowly and unsteadily rise.  The twins rush to her side, tendrils of flames licking about behind them.  They watch curiously as the large stallion wobbles just as they had.  Aurora smiles until the demeanor shifts, and Jack is poised like a cobra between them and Zain.  Her feathers move to hold the children near her, but Escence slips from her grasp.  

The curious filly moves towards the stallions as words are exchanged between them.  Nearly there she reaches her nose up to press it against her fathers who greets her, then passes her to nudge her brother that follows in her hoofprints.  A look of confusion comes over her as he continues to walk past them and towards their mother before disappearing.  A small snort rattles from her nose as she then looks to the large bay stallion, wide eyed now realizing his much larger stature.  Confidently she walks up to him, her small flame laced face lowering to the ground to sniff at his hoof.  It looks and smells the same as it had before, the memory surfacing as she again wheels around and darts off bucking.

Aurora walks up to Jack and nudges him again.  "It's ok Jack," she presses the words into his neck.  Eviction begins chasing after his sister, mimicking everything she does.  It isn't long though and he stops, a large gaping yawn parting his jaw.  She whickers to them and begins to walk back towards the tree...

Not all that glitters is gold

@Jack in the Box
    Jack's breath escapes in a controlled sigh, his muscles unraveling from their tension as Zain's threat recedes into the distance. He makes a silent vow, an ironclad promise to himself that they will never again fall prey to Zain's surprise attacks. This moment is not for dwelling on potential dangers; it's a time for discovery, for forging bonds with the innocent new lives before him. Though the foals share not a single strand of his DNA, Jack's heart is ready to embrace them with a love as fierce and unconditional as if they were his own flesh and blood. The echo of Zain's menacing words reverberates through his mind, a chilling reminder of his mortality. “You may be able to come back from the dead, but just remember who put you there…I suggest you watch your back, Jack. I will be back…soon”. The uncertainty of Zain's "soon" gnaws at Jack's resolve. Should he whisk them to safety, to a haven far from Zain's shadow? And what of Aurora? Does her heart still harbor a place for Zain, the father of her offspring? The thought unnerves him, yet Jack clings to his unique advantage - an extraordinary resilience that defies the permanence of death.

With tentative steps, Jack approaches Aurora and her brood of fiery foals, their coats a vibrant tapestry of living embers. He dips his neck gracefully, extending a playful caress with his nose to Essence's hindquarters, eliciting a soft, affectionate nicker. A chuckle rumbles through him as the filly startles with a small hop, her fiery aura dancing like a halo around them. He circles her with a proud arch in his neck, his presence a shield against the world's harshness. "I'm Jack," he offers, a warm smile lighting his features. His words hang in the air, "I am your mother's... friend," he adds, the label not quite encompassing the depth of his feelings. The truth is undeniable; his love for Aurora is a force as potent as the magic that returned him to life, a love that compelled him to lay down his existence for her and the foals.

He gently prods the reserved colt, encouraging him to join in their playful revelry. A spark of joy ignites within Jack as he lifts his heels in a sprightly display, a testament to the freedom and lightness that fills his spirit. Eventually, the frolicsome energy wanes, and Jack allows himself a respite, a moment to replenish his strength with the sweet taste of the meadow's grass. The trials of the past days linger in his mind — days in which he traversed the veil between life and death — yet now, he stands guardian to a new beginning, a sentinel for Aurora and her fiery foals

@ AuroraElis
    Escence & Eviction
    ~Twin Flame~

The world I have come to know, dark and brooding, begins to lighten just a bit.  It starts by the smallest of sparks, an ember floating on thermal winds.  I am much like the ember whirling about overhead.  Burning bright and threatening to ignite something much greater.

Often alone in my play I welcome the bay stallion that now joins me.  Small flickering flames fizzle in the grasses as I race about the area.  Eviction joins but soon fizzle just as the flames along the ground do.  He didn't have my vitality.  My zest that glows even brighter than my flames.  I twirl around and rear high on my slender back legs as the bayed stallion circles around me.  I'm Jack, he says, and I respond with my forelimbs landing with a thunk back on the ground.  My neck arches proudly, showing my Arabian lineage, "I'm Escence and that's my brother Eviction," I say boldly.  Jack reaches to tempt Eviction into playing too.  Only briefly does he respond with a whinny and a kicking of his flame licked heels.

I hear my mother calling and I snort in protest.  Swinging my head around as I stomp my hooves into the clover below.  My flaming tail whips in a burning puff of fuzz at my rump.  Eviction has already filed behind Mother; my eyes roll as I turn and look to the tree they now gather under.  A part of me longed to go chase after my father.  I wonder briefly where he has gone to and why he had to leave.  Again, I snort as I rear on my hunches and lunge into a full gallop straight for my family.  I whizz past them before curling around to stop at Eviction side.  I nuzzle his forelock playfully, his ears twisting back in annoyance.  He is already folding his legs under him when I come to pester him.  I giggle before I too curl up for an afternoon nap.

//Fire Mimicry-Summer Appearance\\
    Fire Mimicry- Fox Fire, Pheonix-Type Immortality, Fire Wings(developing)

AuroraElis

As the undead thing speaks, she knows what he references.  She had made decisions in Jacks absence; promises she intended on honoring.  The hours had blurred together, details becoming fuzzy on what just transpired. She does not realize it was all a slide of hand.  A game they were all a pawn in...

As he vanishes into the shadows for which he came, her mind turns to those that remained.  The sight of Jack standing before her, Escence finding her strength, Eviction trying, brings a smile to her face.  They would be alright as long as they had each other.

Jack engages in a game of carefree frolicking with the twins.  She laughs softly to herself as she grazes upon the green grasses of spring.  Slowly she draws closer to the tree and releases a whicker for the children to follow.  It had been a long two days with little sleep.  Eviction isn't far behind her, as is the norm.  The fiery filly though throws her usual tantrum in the near distance before also heading her mother's call.  They settle, finally.

Jack nibbles at the grasses not far from them.  She knows the questions will come and she readies her answers.  For now though, she simply enjoys the peace and tranquility of the warming spring day.

@Jack in the Box
    Jack's warm smile lights up his face as the young filly proudly introduces herself and her brother. He inclines his head gracefully toward her and says, "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Essence and Eviction." He watches them as they obediently follow their mother. Jack maintains a respectful distance, not wanting to overwhelm the young foals and their mother.

As he grazes nearby, Jack takes in the symphony of birds chirping and squirrels scampering up and down the trees. The gentle spring breeze ruffles through his mane and tail, bringing a sense of tranquility. With a soft sigh, he gazes over at the two young foals curled up by their mother, their flames flickering softly as they nap. Feeling a wave of weariness, Jack lowers his head and closes his eyes, allowing himself to rest, knowing that they have all endured a few long days.

@ AuroraElis

AuroraElis

She remains standing, ready and watchful over her family that drift off into other worlds.  She wonders what the twins would dream of.  They are much too young to know enough of this world to conjure up more than what they have seen.  Surely, they are not haunted by nightmares of traumas endured as she is.  Flames flicker along Escence crest as she watches them twitch in their sleep.  It brings a smile to her face.

Jack has too settled a short distance off after his spurt of energy playing with the twins.  She decides to graze her way closer to him, allowing him to rest.  There is only the sound of soft munching and the birds spring chorus to be heard.  The warm spring breeze ruffles her feathered gown making it shimmer, the golden hues reflecting the suns light softly.  Her thoughts wander to their interaction with Zain.  The repulsive creature had wronged her in so many ways, yet she does not feel hatred towards him.  He had kept his promise to watch over us, however self-serving that may have been, and she had promised he had one chance to be a father to the twins.  She wonders when the stallion would show again and what would transpire.

As she reaches Jacks side she lifts her head.  Her body now parallel to his.  She too begins to drift off, her hunches shift to rest one leg as the other brunts the full weight of her backend.  There is a casual flick of her cream tail as she teeters lightly the edges of sleep.

@Jack in the Box
    Jack lay still, his ears perking up at the faintest sound of cracking branches. His senses were on high alert, knowing that the stallion could return at any moment. The uncertainty of when exactly the stallion would appear again filled him with fear. Resting nearby, the little family found a moment of peace, the foals curled up beside their mother.

Suddenly, Jack's heart raced as he jolted awake, scanning the surroundings to ensure their safety. Looking over at the sleeping Aurora and her babies, he pondered whether he should let Zain be a part of their lives. Despite his love for Aurora, he worried about the potential danger Zain could bring. Walking over to a nearby trickling stream, Jack caught sight of his reflection and let out a soft sigh. "I'll never be enough for her, especially with Zain nearby. He can provide for them, but I'm not so sure I can," he murmured to himself.

As he settled down by the stream, resting his head on a rock, he felt the cool water splashing against his nose, providing a brief moment of solace.

@ AuroraElis

AuroraElis

She had fallen into a deeper sleep than she expected when her navy eyes opened to find Jack was not where he had been before.  Her eyes widen as her delicate face rises; they scan the area looking for his figure.  "Jack?" She questions aloud though he is not there to hear her worried tone.  The gown of feathers at her back shift as she turns around, having found nothing in front of her.  

The twins, still bundled together, remain unmoved and so her view shifts again.  Her ears flicker to every tiny sound, searching for any trace of Jack.  There is then a rambling of sorts, too far off to be discernable.  "Jack?" She questions to herself again.  Ivory legs begin to move forward towards the sound cautiously.  Within a few paces she can clearly make out his body near the creek that ran through the Meadow.  Another few strides and she calls out to him in a concerned tone, "Jack, is everything ok?"  She stops within speaking distance, not wanting to crowd him in case he needed some time alone.  They had all been through so much in the last few days, so she wouldn't blame him if he needed space.

@Jack in the Box
    The sense of trouble and peril haunts him, like a dark premonition. He is adamant about avoiding any conflicts between Zain, the babies, and Aurora. His ears twitch at the sound of snapping twigs, catching Aurora's call. Turning his head slightly towards her voice, he hears, "Jack, is everything alright?" Raising his head, his muzzle dampened with droplets, his expression gloomy and sunken. "Am I a burden to you? I feel like a parasite, bringing danger wherever I go. I don't want any harm to come to you or the babies because of me..." his voice trembles, fading off. His mind races through worst-case scenarios, instilling fear in him. Despite being sleep-deprived from the past few days, the dread still grips him. Standing up, head averted from her, body slouched lower than usual, tail hanging low, ears drooping in shame. "Are the babies safe and sound? I can't bear the thought of anything happening to them, I wouldn't be of any help. I'm sorry, I can't continue like this. I must be strong for you and the twins," he sniffles, voice cracking. Taking deep breaths, composing himself, he straightens up, putting on a facade of strength despite feeling otherwise.

@ AuroraElis

AuroraElis

When she asked the question, she knew he wasn't ok.  But she asked it anyhow, allowing him this moment to express what was troubling his mind.  He begins and she listens, taking in each word and noting how his body shifts uneasily.  She does not agree with what he says about himself, but she nods -nevertheless- in understanding that he is troubled by these things.

After he has said all he had to say, a warm expression comes to her delicate face.  "You are not a burden Jack.  You are anything but," her voice is soft and kind.  "You gave up your life for us Jack," she moves to look him in the eye, "Not just anyone would do that."  She reaches her muzzle out to nudge him at his shoulder as he shifts, "Strength comes from within.  As long as you stay true to yourself there is nothing you must fear."  

Her head turns to look to the twins still curled up under the tree, "They look quite alright to me."  Again, she looks to him with kind eyes as he straightens up, "Hey I got an idea.  Why don't you take Eviction to go do something tomorrow.  Just the two of you!  He could use some time away from his sister I think."  Her expression is bright and inviting as she nudges him again.

@Jack in the Box