• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  Crown of Bone and Thorn

Today the summer heat beats down upon the lands with vengeance.  The seasons, ever turbulent, are unforgiving at times. 

My arrival in the early spring was met with rebirth and change.  Now, as I stand amongst dying pines -lost to the extended summer drought- I question if there is truly mercy in this world, or if it is simply a thing made up by the masses.  My kind were not inherently merciful creatures.  We were not taught to extend such a kindness, as it is often thought of, to others.  But mercy can be twisted into many things, and one might say we are capable of it.  Relieving someone of the burdens of life could indeed be construed as mercy.

What I sought today could very well be considered such.  Ruling kingdoms are often challenging and riddled with burdens.  My training has led me to this moment though.  This underlying purpose of continuing my lineages rule.  It wasn't Pangea, no.  But perhaps an alliance will be forged between them and together something grander will be crafted.

Having been here for several weeks and not a soul -cept the decaying corpse of the jackal- has been seen nor heard, I do not expect my call to be answered.  I send it nonetheless and await an answer.  Should no one reply I am willing to burden my shoulders with the kingdom's heavy crown…

Kreed

Crown of Bone and Thorn

5 posts requirement for kingdom resident to challenge for leadership.  3 posts within the land, 2 posts elsewhere.
    One, two, three in The Chamber
    One, two elsewhere