• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  A God's Creation [Everclear]

My time tied to the sea had been eye opening to say the least.  I had traveled to depths that my earthly lungs could not endure.  A world apart in all ways to the shores in which I seek now.  My plaything had departed some time ago.  If he stayed in the depths or left for the air I do not recall.

Now I must return to the land and continue my search to find a new home.  Even though Baltia would be a good fit for my Kelpie self, there is a part of me still longing for connection to my equus self.

I swim lazily towards the sandy shores as dusk begins to take hold.  My elegant, finned tail swishes casually as my head breaks the surface to see my trajectory.  A new scenery lays ahead.  One of bright pastel colors of almost a fantasy like presence.  My mind muses what kind of life flourishes here.  Perhaps the fairies dwell elsewhere than just the Mountain.

As I enter the shallows my forelimbs pull my aquatic form closer to the shoreline.  When the sandy bottom finally makes contact with my tail I begin my transformation.  Gone is the fish like appendage and replacing it is my equine hindquarters.  I lower my delicate face to the cool aqua at my hooves.  A soft snort rattles from my chest as my sapphire blue eyes scan the area.  

Reaching the sandy coast, I begin to walk casually along the sunset beach.  I take note of the bursts of colors muted by the setting of the sun and the familiarity of it to my underwater home.  Often cast more dreary by the awkward sunlight beneath the water's surface.   

A soft breeze picks up as the sky darkens, tousling my ebony mane against my scaled skin.  Without the warming rays of light, a chill begins to seep into my bones.  My eyes cast ahead to search for a shelter for the evening, but instead I find a faint glow seemingly floating upon the winds.  My movements stop as I watch with suspicion.  The lantern fish of the depths would tempt unsuspecting prey to their gaping jaws with such sorcery.  My right ear flicks backwards, soon followed by my left.  The creature within me creeps forward.  I would not be a moth to the flame tonight...

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast

Land quest thread

@ Everclear  I'm not sure where the last bit came from but I'm rolling with it XD
    *Kelpie Mimicry Traits*
    -Enhanced Beauty, Finned tail(in water only), Sharp Teeth-
    :|: Physical Appearance :|:
    Black rainbow sheen scales, blue snake eyes
    EVERCLEAR
    -- a dreamer neither lost nor found ;
    The relative peace of the world is a welcome respite, in Everclear’s mind. While calm and quiet are all he’d known before, even during the plague (he had not fallen ill or been a carrier of the disease, miraculously untouched), they are equally all he has ever strived to know.

Conflict does not suit him.

As such, he has always sought peace, has always sought to soothe the hearts of others when evil seemed to grip them too tightly. Perhaps it had been foolish of him to think himself capable of persuading such crooked wills to divert and reform – after all, it rarely seemed to work – but his efforts would never waver.

It is all he has ever wanted since the day he’d come to serve Heaven’s Gates so long ago. To be worthy of the home he devoted himself to, to become the ‘angel’ that Spyglass had called him. Perhaps that is why the fairy-foal had given him the halo which now adorns him, a crown of light in the fading dusk around him. She hadn’t been able to help him with his larger desire of protecting his home, but perhaps she had started him in the right direction.

If only she could have given him the full power, the true angelic strength to inspire others, to quell the anger and dispel suppositions of weakness that more invasive forces often harbored toward the Gates.

Then, at least, he might truly be capable of safeguarding the kingdom as he so longs to do.

For now, he is only left with these thoughts and hopes. He wanders the land alone, quieted by his contemplation and minor reverie of times long past. The sun has begun to settle for the evening, taking with it the general birdcalls and gentle winds to be replaced by quiet, breathy breezes and the soft chorus of the oncoming night.

For a while the muffled padding of his footfalls in the sand is all he hears alongside the lapping of the ocean on the shore. The darkened beach around him is gilded vaguely with the golden light from his new ornament and the whisper of grasses moving in the salty dunes hardly catches his notice at all. It’s only when something larger and darker becomes apparent against the bluish backdrop of his surroundings that Everclear blinks and lifts his head somewhat.

The figure stands alone and silent and for a moment so does he. While Myrna had told him that Beqanna seems to be resting peacefully at present, the wariness of darker times still lingers in the old immortal. Grim events have been triggered by seemingly idle encounters much like this in the past, but after a moment’s deliberation, the stallion moves forward slowly.

Still alert, head up and ears forward (one occasionally turning to listen to his surroundings), he approaches the stranger with caution. “Hello?” he beckons gently, hopeful that this is perhaps an inhabitant of the Gates he hasn’t met yet, or an aspirant. “Lovely night we’re having…” The observation is not truly meant to start a conversation, but more to provoke any kind of response that may allow him to gauge the figure’s intentions.

He remains alert but not overtly hostile, holding on to a nearly-naive hope that this is nothing more than another friendly encounter.

The muted glow dancing against the bruised hue of the twilight beckons caution to the creature within me.  It shifts with unease, even as my body remains still.  The soft lapping of the ocean tide across the sands calls as a reminded retreat -should it be required.

As the light stills, the need to flee subsides when the angelic being offers a greeting.  My dark ears flick forward at the sound of the voice.  The others passive comment comes at no surprise.  I note a slight hesitation in their tone.  Not as a muddle flow but a seeking of clarity.  Again the creature shifts, but it is not from fight to flight, but from prey to predator.

Remaining unmoved, I allow the stranger to near.  The voice is masculine in tone, as is the scent that wafts between them.  A grin creases my lips.  My own angelic tone casts onto the breeze, “I'd agree, it is a most lovely evening…”  I shift my body just slightly, a faux indication that I am relaxed.  That the creature within me isn't coiled, readying itself to pounce on its unsuspecting victim.  

The faint light of his crown shimmers rainbows of color across my iridescent scales.  My reptilian eyes scan across the stranger, sizing him up and calculating my next move.  I settle for more small talk to draw him in, both physically and mentally, “Tell me stranger, what do you call this place?”  My feminine face turns to look inland, the gaze of my aqua eyes following.  A soft swish of my ebony tail sends to him my own scent.

D
    eiti
    A God's Creation | Carnage X Dynast

@ Everclear
    *Kelpie Mimicry Traits*
    -Enhanced Beauty, Finned tail(in water only), Sharp Teeth-
    :|: Physical Appearance :|:
    Black rainbow sheen scales, blue snake eyes