• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

whose afraid... [Khalis & Straia]

He keeps up his friendly charade all the way to the Chamber and tells the boy to wait beneath a tree as he finds his “friends”, assured that the thudding of the heart beneath his hooves will be enough to entertain him for now. As soon as he is distracted, he finds the Queen of Ravens. A scowl is on his lips now and his eyes blaze like a stoked fire, a hint to the rolling anger that boils in his blood. ”Straia.” He finds her easily enough as if she wanted to be found today. ” I don’t doubt your ravens have kept you informed on recent happenings.” The one that clings to his own shoulder crows to her like an old friend. He doesn’t doubt that it converses with the other, that even though it answers to him it’s never truly been his. ”So I’m sure you are already aware that the Amazons have taken my daughter.” Sneaky bitches, taking something that belonged to him. It was insulting enough to the Chamber that they had taken Killdare but kidnapping his daughter was a personal insult. ”And that the Gates attempted to take the gift you had given me.” Straia had given him Cellar and it had been a most pleasing present. Having her fall into someone else’s hands could be catastrophic for them. ”I was just wondering what we are going to do about all this.”

They had been poking and prodding at the other kingdoms with a pointed stick but now it was time for something bigger. He was more than ready. ”Oh by the way….” And now he turns his head in the direction of the colt with the fire lizard by his side. ”I meant to capture the Falls Queen but she was nowhere to be found so I figured a Falls Prince would do instead.” This is said in a nonchalant manner, as if it’s no big deal that he’s stolen a Prince. Shaytan had her shit eating grin with the Tundra’s right hand but a Prince trumps an old stallion any day of the week.

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf

@[Khalis] @[Straia]

Maybe she does want to be found. Maybe she is looking for excuse to simply do something. Or maybe not. Perhaps she is simply around because it is her job to be around, to be easily found by the members of her kingdom when they need her. Or perhaps she’s around because the raven’s told her that the ghost was back with a boy that smelled of water. Maybe it’s all of the above. It’s rather hard to tell, with her.

He may have a scowl on her face, but as usual, she is calm and cool with that twinkle of mischief in her eye. “You have paternal instincts? Or are you just mad for the sake of being mad?” She’s not really looking for an answer. She’s more annoyed that the Amazons have taken Killdare, but she’s also fully aware that the Deserts and Amazons are talking. “The Amazons have a new Queen. She’s a fiery, warrior type from what I hear. And Camrynn seems interested in her.”

She shrugs, not entirely elaborating. The implications seem obvious. If the Deserts and Amazons ally, the Chamber cannot stand against them alone. The kingdoms may not be as active as the Chamber, but they are littered with more reliable magicians than the Chamber’s own. “The Valley has a new King as well. He seems something like an untried boy at the moment more concerned with rebuilding his kingdom than alliances at the moment.” Which she cannot blame him for, but still. Eventually she needs to know where the stallion stands on chaos. Really, she wishes she could call on them now to invade the Amazons while they were vulnerable. But alas, that wasn’t going to happen.

“We have an instigator on our side. So for a moment, we are going to spend some of our time sitting back and letting him weave his tangled little web. But it wouldn’t do for us to be seen doing nothing.” She pauses, glancing around to make sure there are no obvious intruders, looking more to the ravens for confirmation of this than relying on her own senses. Just the boy Prince, and he’s far enough away that when she lowers her voice, she’s entirely certain he cannot hear. For good measure, a few ravens circle their heads, blocking the two horses from view. “As for the Gates, why don’t we steal their Queen?”

Wouldn’t Weed be pleased, if they managed that one. “Or, if you think you can avoid the magician, take one or two other Chamber members and burn the Mother Tree. Though I don’t know that Jason will allow that.” Damn magicians. They were either too much fun or not enough.

The ravens disappear once he’s replied and their conversation on this matter is done. And then, finally, she turns her attention to the Prince. “Well done,” she says simply, though her smile is pleased. Serves them right for shitting on Straia’s offer of a treaty. The Chamber was a powerful friend to have, and a powerful enemy as well.  

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

A roll of red eyes at her jest. ”Mad because I don’t like my things being stolen.” He grumpily replies, not adding on the last part “Especially by my bitch of a sister”. Snowy plumage snaps angrily like a whip against his haunches. ”I had plans for that girl when it came to the Chamber.” Which were now at least delayed with the girl stuck in the jungle. An ear swivels forward as she speaks on the Camrynn and the new Amazon Queen. The Desert Magician was one he only knows from stories, he’s never seen her in person. As lovely as they made her out to be, he didn’t trust magicians. Set was perhaps the closest one he could even consider calling a friend but even then he trusted him as far as he could throw him which was obviously not much. If the jungle had a new Queen then he is sure they are ripe for the taking. However he understands Straia’s reserve, for they really had no backup. The Chamber was strong and while the Deserts didn’t have much in the way of manpower…. Those stupid magicians lingered as a threat. There is one idea though that springs to mind.

”There is someone that may be able to help us. They call him the Dark God… Say he fell from outer space.” A gentle roll of his shoulders as he shrugs. ”I’ve actually sent him a little gift. Maybe he would want to return the favor?” He had heard Carnage’s call ringing in his head. Not knowing it was Carnage but only someone powerful that wanted something. Something he could give. He had left Minette in the cave, the Dark God would give her a far worse punishment then he could ever give. Perhaps then she would learn. Gryffen’s not thrilled with the idea of rocking back on his heels while another starts the fun. Straia already realizes this and hands him a tantalizing offer instead. Immediately his scowl turns into a smirk. ”Now I can’t see why we can’t do both…” Take the Queen and burn the Tree. ”And who do you think I should bring along with me to make this a successful venture?” Of course he would bring along Cellar, her poisonous skin could probably bring down a magician. And someone with that certain spark of course. Kushiel comes to mind but the guys a little odd and he’s not certain about him just yet. Also a little muscle power as backup…. Warship perhaps? He’s open to whoever she suggests.

”I think meeting the blue bastard is worth the risk.” He grins, back to his old self again. Glancing at the colt again and acknowledging her praise with slight tilt of his head. ”I haven’t harmed him, he’s perfectly fine. Not quite sure what to do with him really. Figured I’d leave that up to you.” Children aren’t really his thing unless he can manipulate them to his liking. He figures the Queen will want to use the young boy as a bargaining chip though and therefore he would leave it in her capable hands.

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf

No, of course he doesn’t like when his things are stolen. She doesn’t blame him. She doesn’t like when her things are stolen either. But, as it turns out, she rules a kingdom and does not simply get to plow headfirst into a war. The kingdom has burned too many times, and she is not yet ready to watch it burn again. They’d only just regrown the trees, rebuilt themselves into something worthwhile. She’d like to keep the kingdom that way for as long as she possibly could. Not forever. That was a naïve dream.

But she wasn’t ready to watch it all burn again.

“Carnage,” she says somewhat flatly. “He’s no God. Dark or not.” The magicians may fancy themselves Gods, but they were just really old magicians. She does not entirely understand Beqanna’s reverence for him. “You are welcome to try it. Maybe we’ll be lucky, and he’ll be bored.  If not, see if you can’t find Evrae. She knew my father, and seemed somewhat keen to help the Chamber once. Maybe she still feels the same.”

She had never met her sister’s mother, and in truth, she doesn’t think on her sister much anymore. The girl was gone, and even if she were still around, there would never be much in the way of sisterly bond there. Lu was too different, too fragile to be close to Straia.

He jumps at the bait for the Gates though, and her grin grows just slightly. “Weed might be interested. You may be able to find him lurking. Kushiel or Erebor for the fire, or both. If it’s Kushiel alone, tell him I’ll send a fire raven along for his use.” She doesn’t add Cellar, because she already knows he will take the girl. Why wouldn’t he? A girl with poison skin is certainly useful in any situation.   “I would keep the immediate party small though, less obvious. Perhaps have some backup not far away. Warship, or Killdare if he’s returned by the time you go. Would you like the other pair of army wings? You can have them until Warship tells you otherwise.”

But again, Warship had been rather MIA. And so she figures she’ll hand out his army’s traits until he returns to actually do so himself. But if wings can help Gryffen in this little endeavor, then she would hand them over to him gladly.  

When they are done (she waits for his response, and answers if she needs to), she finally turns her attention to the boy. “Do you have a name, princeling?” she asks, moving closer to the boy now. She had no plans to give the boy back. They could pay for being stupid, and she’d keep him just as long as she could.

straia

the raven queen of the chamber

image © Squirt

i'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell

The dormancy was stifling. But there was an air of change to the winds, something almost tangible if he stopped to feel it. It rippled along the currents of the breeze, something akin to static but stronger. It pulled the fingers of dormancy from his throat, flooding his veins instead with that all-too familiar sweet rush of adrenaline. His heart thumped in response, his nostrils flaring and his eyes wide and wild. Yes, the winds were changing, and he was not going to be left behind them.

The breeze lifted his mane from his warm neck, and he tossed his head recklessly in response. Overhead the ravens screeched, no doubt responding to some order from their pinto mistress. He wouldn’t be left out of whatever was going on, not this time. So with a sharp snort he plunged after them, charging through the dense forest with as much caution as a runaway train. Briars and brambles tugged mercilessly at his sides but he didn’t stop, didn’t even slow. The ravens followed an erratic flight pattern, but he kept right with them (or as much as an earth born creature could.) Finally, familiar scents reached him, and he knew there was something ahead. He slowed to a trot, though he made no effort to hide his appearance. He had no reason to. Being as he wasn’t formally invited, he only caught the tail end of the conversation. The black stallion came to a stop beside Straia, dipping his impressive horned head. “Well, it would appear I’m late to the party.” he said, his voice rough. “You know best, Straia. Give him the wings.” he said, tossing his head towards the cremello stallion. “The Gates, hm? As much as I’d love to go, perhaps one or two of us should stay here and guard the home front. After the fiasco several years ago when our kingdom was burnt to the ground, I’m leery to leave our borders totally unguarded. If Straia agrees, I’d like to keep at least Killdare or Erebor here.” he said, rolling his shoulders slightly. Ultimately it was her decision, but he was always eager to give his two cents. “Especially given the fact that we’ve now stolen a prince.” He glanced at the colt, a not unkind look on his handsome face.

warship

Ooc - I’m not sure anyone wants him here, but here he is lol

That’s why he has a leash that Straia holds for he would be completely happy to see the whole world burn and wouldn’t think twice about making it happen. Maybe one day his desire would lessen to cause mass destruction and he could take the leash off completely. But it was doubtful. She speaks of Carnage and he listens with mild interest. So that’s who had it’s clutches on Minette now. Straia doesn’t seem to pleased at the mention of him but doesn’t discourage seeking him out. She also mentions another. ”Where might I find this Evrae?” It would be helpful to have something to go on, something to help him find where she may be lurking.

But now the party is becoming much more fun as Warship joins them. Suggestions of who is to join him on this little excursion… Weed, Kushiel, Eerebor, and of course Cellar. Warship wishes to stay behind and although the Chamber ghost would like the General to be there, he understands that someone needs to hold the fort. With Killdare gone for who knows how long, someone has to stay behind. ”Pity you’ll miss out on all the fun.” The wolfish grin spreading across pale lips. But the best part is yet to come as they both suggest he takes the pair of kingdom wings. Well well. Isn’t that something. He immediately imagines what it would be like to swoop down on an unsuspecting horse from above. Oh yes. ”Now how can I turn down such a generous offer? I’ll gladly take the wings.”

Of course he will. But back to the matter at hand. ”I’d rather take both Kushiel and Erebor for the obvious fire power but of course that’s if they are game for it. I’ll leave the Prince with you and seek the others out so we can go immediately.” He doesn’t want to waste anymore time, wants to strike while the iron is hot. ”And if we run into any trouble Warship, I can always send a raven.” He gestures to the bird on his back though he doubts it will be the only black bird that will accompany them on this trip.

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf