• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

freedom hangs like heaven; etro

I’ll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
    tell you my sins so you can sharpen your knife

Fitting, then, that what he finds most magic is none of it at all. He is a boy conceived in magic, a boy granted with a power he has no want for, and to him, what is the most magic of all is nothing. Is quiet, a stillness of the mind where there was not one before.
    Before Etro, he could not have articulated this – would not have known that what he was seeking was not-magic, was, in fact, the erasure thereof.
    (He’s never been a particularly bright boy.)
    But now she gives him the quiet, she gives him the words.

Yet she does not see the beauty of it – to her, it is a curse, a stripping of things. She is not inside his mind, she is not there to bear witness to how the cyclone in his mind stills in her presence.
    Maybe it’s not magic, but it’s enough, for him.
    He hates the way her voice breaks over the words, wants to say something to convince her otherwise but he is not articulate in the way he needs to be.

She leans against him and he cherishes the feel of her. She asks the question: what now?
    He doesn’t know. He’s never known.
    “I don’t have a home,” he says, “but it feels like home, sometimes, with you.”

sleaze
    cancer x garbage