• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

whose afraid... [Brynmor]

Ash spots his pale coat and the acrid smell of smoke clings to him. His crimson eyes look over the Chamber with unabashed pleasure. Now things were picking up speed, getting more interesting. It was time to make it just a tiny bit more interesting though. Oh he hadn't forgotten about the blind colt he had swiped the day he had killed it's mother. Before he had disappeared, he had tucked the foal away with strict orders in one of the more secluded and darker parts of the Chamber. Perhaps others had passed by and never even knew he lurked in the shadows, surrounded by stone and rock.

Today the winged stallion makes his way towards that place. Today he will bring the blind colt back into the light. God only know what a few years of absolute isolation had done to him. He's excited to find out, another little experiment with promising results he hopes. "Now where did I leave you..." He muses to himself. He pushes past overgrown foilage, past dense forests of pine trees. Only stopping when he reaches the secluded overhanging of a mountainside. "Oh yes...." He whispers to himself, red eyes glowing brightly in the shadows. "Time to come out boy."

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf
    Unlike the ghostly pale stallion the dark colt had forgotten about the confusing moments during the first day of his life. He had been too young to remember, neither the sounds or the screams, or the venomous words that had been spoken. All he remembered was his name, the name his mother had given him during the last peaceful moment of her life. And on top of that the name of the male that had lead him away from the beach. Gryffen. Life had been hard for him. Being born without sight was one thing, but on top of that he had been alone, left alone to take care of himself. With the lack of sight his other senses have developed over time. Brynmor was able to pick up the softest sounds, but he also learned how to move himself around without bumping against things. But that wasn't the only thing that had developed itself over the time, the nagging voice in his head had kept him company.

He heard the male’s arrival before he got ordered to step forward. Even though he felt the urge to turn his ears backwards, Brynmor couldn’t. The snearing voice in his head started to speak to him, almost joyfully as he repeated over and over again that the pale stallion had finally come for him. In a calm step he moved closer, navigating himself around to approach the other without rush. The greying young male stood still for a second, trying to figure out where the other stood before turning into Gryffen’s direction. “Gryffen” he greeted, his voice not showing any emotion, nor any of his thoughts regarding to the pale stallion. It was obvious that he was still young and his body wasn’t fully grown yet. He was still slightly skinny and lanky, his muscles still had to define themselves. In the next few years his chest would get wider and his frame more bulky, growing into a form that showed his lineage. “You’ve come to collect me, I assume?” he asked, his voice still lacking any emotion.
    brynmor
    "I can see, through your secret."

#Temporary html

”And so I have.” He responds, a frown tugging at the corner of his lips as he asses the blind stallion before him. ”Haven’t gone mad yet I take it?” Even though he had been left alone in total darkness for many years… He seemed none the worse for wear. Now that was interesting. Then again he had only just uncovered him, the true tests would take place once he had Brynmor amongst the others. He’s still not quite sure what he wants to do with this one. More than likely he will place him in the Meadow or the Field and let him get picked up by another kingdom and have him be his ears to that kingdom’s secrets. First, he has to see just what kind of state he was in and how much loyalty he had left.

”Follow me.” He commands and leads the young man out into the open. Once they are in the heart of the Chamber, he turns back to towards him. His raven swoops out of the sky and lands neatly on his shoulder as he asks the boy quietly, ”Do you think you are ready to serve me and the Chamber?”

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf
    Brynmor

"I will see."

Oh, how wrong could the pale stallion be. At first sight he seemed quite normal, aside from the lack of sight and mannerism, but the other couldn’t know what exactly went on in his mind. Well, that would be until Brynmor would answer the voice in his head out loud. Far as the greying black male knew the voice in his head belonged to someone, or something, he just didn’t have sight to confirm it. ”Mad? You? No of course not, just let that dumb stallion talk rubbish, we both know he isn’t right” the voice in his head speaks to him. And Brynmor wholeheartedly agrees with the little voice in his mind. Snorting loudly his dark ears turn backwards as his hoof stomps on the ground, to show that he agrees with the third party – the non-existing one. ”Is that what you had hoped for when you dumped me in this godforsaken place?” he sneers back.

Yet that doesn’t stop him from complying with the order. After all, it was the first time since he had been dumped here that there was another being near, except for his little friend that is. ”Yes, let’s follow him for now, wait until he trusts you” the voice chuckles mischievously. His pace is slow as he tries to follow his ‘kidnapper’ the best he can, having a little trouble to find his way in an unknown area. Some of his senses have been developed better than those of most others, but navigating through unknown places was still hard and took him longer. ”What good can a blind man do?” he retorts back, finding Gryffen’s words actually quite amusing. Instantly the voice chimes in, utterly content with the reply Brynmor just gave. ”Good good, show him you’re not a weakling.”

"Through your secret."

OOC: Italic is what the voice in his mind says and coloured is what bryn himself say out loud ^^

Crimson eyes consider the blind stallion for a moment. It only takes a few seconds for his neck to snake out, his teeth snapping at the other’s neck after the insolent comment. ”What I wish for is none of your concern. Don’t forget that you owe me your life Brynmor. A little madness is nothing if it means you get to keep your life.” The voice inside his head may be sneering and simpering and convincing Brynmor that the Chamber ghost would eventually trust him. The problem with that is his trust is a fickle thing. His trust in anyone is rather nonexistent, only lingering for a spell. Only there for as long as you were useful if you can even call that trust.

Still he follows for really where else is he going to go? The only soul that the blind man knows is that of the pale winged stallion. ”Ye of little faith.” He simply replies to Bryn’s retort. The land of the Chamber throbs beneath the dirt under his hooves and he smiles slightly to himself. He knows exactly what he is going to do with this one. ”You’re going to be a spy for me and the Chamber Queen. Whatever you hear, you’ll report back to us. My raven will find you when you are alone and you can update it on what’s going on. And if you fail dear Brynmor…” And here the snarl is on his lips and even though he can’t see it, he’s sure Brynmor can hear it. ”Your death will be a most painful one.”

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf
    Brynmor

"I will see."

He heard and felt the stallion coming before the teeth reached his neck. An angry cry escaped from the blind man’s lips as he stumbles backwards. He had tried to evade the ‘attack’, but obviously his reaction hadn’t been fast enough. ’You’re too slow.’ This time he ignored his buddy, grumbling underneath his breath now he stands stable again. Bryn doesn’t like Gryffen’s words one bit, but like the pale stallion said, he owed him his life. He isn’t sure if he speaks the truth, but he clearly does remember the stallion bringing him to the deeper part of the Chamber that has been his home for the past years. What had happened before that was hazy and unclear in Brynmor’s memories. He wasn’t that naïve that he would believe Gryffen, but he also knew he couldn’t prove otherwise. ’He’s got you whipped’ the voice humours him coldly before the young male turns him out.

The – for him – undiscovered parts of the Chamber bring a lot of new scents and experiences. Even the air feels different here, but maybe that’s all because there are a lot more horses around here compared to the shadows he had lingered in. The warmth of the sunlight on his coat was a new experience for the greying male and he better should be ready for more shocking experiences. And Gryffen’s words promise a lot of those new experiences, if he likes them or not. Brynmor takes it all with a blank expression, remembering the pale male’s reaction to his earlier retorts. Fighting him wouldn’t do any good. His head dips as a sign he has understood, but his lips are pulled back to a grimace. ”Without a doubt it will be” is the only reply he can come up with. The fact that he doesn’t fight Gryffen is simply because he knows he can’t and that he’s right, but that doesn’t mean Bryn likes it one bit.

"Through your secret."