• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

with these hands i shook the heavens to the ground (Herd or Kingdom)

Ryn

Raise another broken glass to failure.

The bay mare trotted slowly into the field, the place where mares come to be claimed by either herd stallions or the mighty kings of the kingdoms. Her ears pricked as she came from the tree line into the sun her bay coat lightly shining and her long ebony mane and tail flowing in the breeze as she walked briskly into the open plain. Her sky blue eyes watched the area searching for a new companion to take her in and show her, her new home. She snorted and shook her head her mane flying around her head finally settling on both sides of her neck and her forelock in her wondrous eyes. She dipped her head and began to nibble on the small stalks of grass relishing the taste of the fresh tender first spring grass, it had always been her favorite. She rose her head slowly and tested the air waiting for that distinct scent of another equine. Sadly it did not come.... Yet   

Art by

OOC: Sorry I'm trying to get a feel for her right now 
    Hoku - Skullu - Riordan - Ryn - Keeva - Galzar - Hidatsa - Felise

I am iron and I forge myself

Lagertha may be mistaken for a stallion, with her heavily muscled composition, deeper voice, and lack of feminine wiles. She may not be a great king, but she will be a great Queen. She will be remembered, as her dam was by those in the past. And as a great queen, she must have her hand in every pot.

So back to the field, the iron-gray mare goes, horned head held high as she scans the quickly greening area for potential Amazons. They needed warriors. They needed strong women. Anyone can be molded with the right encouragement and training, and Lagertha isn’t beyond putting in the time for a woman who would be an invaluable asset. Freeloaders, however… if only there were some way to tell the difference in the beginning. Her dark brown eyes linger on a bay mare who seemed to be alone.

It is also best to snatch them up before anyone else comes along. So Lagertha moves towards the mare at an easy trot, picking up her hooves with a youthful energy that may lead one to to think that she is no more than five or six (ha! if only). When she draws near, Lagertha drops down to a walk and then halts in front of her. “Hello. I’m Lagertha. What’s your name?”

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

Ryn

Raise another broken glass to failure  

The tall mare raised her head slowly not in any hurry to do anything, like she had something to do in this wide open space. Then it hit her, the scent of another equine, her heart lept slightly at the thoughts coming to her head, someone to take her home, someone to show her wondrous things, a new life was right in Ryn's grasp she could feel it. She pricked her ears and flared her nostrils to take in more of the other equines scent, as the stranger came closer she thought it was a stallion but its scent was female. She smiled softly as the mare walked closer to her. She had horns, and a crown of thorns on her leg she was a grey color. Ryn greeted the mare with a polite nod and a soft smile her sky blues evaluating the new equine.

The equine introduced herself as Lagertha, then she asked Ryn's name "My name is Ryn. It's a pleasure to meet you miss" she said her tone slightly lower then the normal female's voice but nothing close to a males tone. She flicked her tail slightly and tossed her long forelock out of her eyes so she can better see the grey mare in front of her. "If you don't mind me asking, what is it you are looking for?" she said pricking her ears towards the mares direction her eyes full of wonder and intelligence.

Art by

For outsiders and strangers, for those who are used to the normal patriarchy of the world, strong women may be unusual. Even though thoroughly half of the kingdoms are - or were - ruled by women. Would she be surprised to find out that there is a Kingdom here made up entirely of mares, where stallions are second-class citizens? And vice versa. The mare doesn’t smell of anywhere familiar.

Clearly, Lagertha’s approach is unexpected. She smiles slightly, repeating the offered name. “Ryn. You too.” She pauses, reverting back to her usual business-like demeanor. “I’ll be brief. I live in the Jungle, a kingdom full of mares and I am looking for new ones to join the Sisterhood.” Lagertha meets Ryn’s gaze with a serious one of her own. “Would you be interested in something like that? We are strong, and rely on no man.” It wasn’t for everyone. Some liked their men. Some of the sisters had dedicated lovers, too. But these women… they were never meant for the herd life.

Lagertha

”They get quite bored with no men around, they have to steal children to amuse themselves.” Comes the snarl from behind them as the winged stallion approaches. Crimson eyes blazing as they focus on the Amazon Queen. He can smell the jungle, the rain and sweat, and he can smell Sette. As if he would ever forget the smell of his property, his flesh and blood. A raven is perched on his shoulder, it’s beady eyes focused on Lagertha and unblinking as it’s claws triply sharply into his flesh and open up old wounds. There’s a wolfish quality to the pale stallion as he saunters towards them, keeping plenty of distance between himself and the Amazon. He uses the new mare as a buffer, a wing grazing her side as he slips in beside her. ”That doesn’t seem like your cup of tea does it darling? You look like the type that can use a man to keep her warm at night.”

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf

R Y N /p>

RASIE AN OTHER BROKEN GLASS TO F A I L U R E  

Before Ryn could reply to the grey mare about her offer of a home at The Jungle where there were no stallions, a scent invaded her nose and made her ears prick slightly in the direction behind the grey mare as two glowing crimson eyes caught her gaze, a stallion with wings. She couldn't help but walk a few steps towards his direction. She listens to him speak to the grey mare it was obvious they knew each other and didn't like one another. He spoke of how boring it would be with out a man around and the mares have to steal children to amuse themselves, Ryn looked over at Lagertha and narrowed her sky blue eyes and then she jumped slightly and shivered as she felt the silk wingtips of the stallion brush her belly making her knees weak. She watched him taking note of the jet black raven sitting upon his pale shoulder his talons digging into the flesh there, she flicked her head moving her long forelock away from her eyes her ears pricked and her body shaking slightly in excitement. The mare couldn't find her voice so she nodded in response to the pale knights question. "I'm Ryn" she said her voice wavering slightly as she met the crimson eyes of the winged stallion.

Art by

Lagertha rolls her eyes, sighing. As per usual, the Chamberlings are rather overdramatic. Of course, he has the wrong of it, but has he ever asked the girl’s mother exactly what happened? Probably not. He doesn’t seem like the type to talk to his captives. And if this was indeed the girl’s father (who else would know about her daughter?) then he is sure to be biased. “Rescued is the correct term. Her mother sent her away to protect her from you. And as it is, the girl had gained a whole new rank and lifestyle, flourishing within the Jungle as only some can.

But the warrior queen is nothing if not perceptive - she’s spent years learning body language and immediate disgust curls her lips when she sees the stranger’s eyes narrow at his lies and her halting steps towards him. “I can see I was wrong about you. We want only strong women. If you are… attracted to a liar and monster such as him, there is no place for you with us.” Cold, hard words - but it is the simple truth. The Chamber may take the broken and the crippled and try to use them for their advantage, and anyone who likes that sort of thing, well… good riddance. If she could not see the folly in his words, she deserves whatever she has coming to her.

Lagertha

”Oh rescued? Did the girl come to you beaten and broken, asking to be rescued? Did you ever ask Sette what kind of father I was? Or did you only go on the word of a weak woman without finding out both sides of the story? She never needed protecting from me.” He sneers openly at the Khaleesi, laughing at her words as his crimson gaze never wavers from hers. ”I may be a monster my dear but at least I can admit it.” A last look of contempt thrown her way as he steps in front of Ryn, his pale body cooly brushing lightly past her. ”Don’t think I’ve forgotten. Don’t think your precious jungle is safe.” If he could make the Gates burn, imagine what he could bring to the Amazons.

When the Khaleesi has gone, he turns his full focus on the new mare. His mare. His red eyes darken and he gives her one of his ghostly wolfish smiles. ”Now Ryn, to the Mountains we go.” He doesn’t use his full force on her, not yet. He is still weaving his lies with Minette and to continue his new display of deception with her… He would have to be the same way with this one. ”I have someone I want you to meet.”

Gryffen
    - - - - -
    The Big Bad Wolf

R Y N

RAISE ANOTHER BROKEN GLASS TO F A I L U R E  

The exchange between the Jungle mare and the winged stallion was hostile, she could feel the tension between the two equines, made her tip her ears back and uneasiness.She watched the mare walk off angry but her attention turned back to the stallion rather quickly as he spoke his glowing red eyes capturing her yet again as he smiles at her making her knees weak and her mind become hazy and misty as he spoke. "Lead the way" she spoke her voice rushed and whispery as her eyes never left the stallion.

What would the Mountains be like? She's lived on a mountain before but every place is different. Would she be accepted as a herd mate or an outsider. She shook her head her long mane and forelock falling around her like a black veil as she walked to his side and her sky blue eyes set on the horizon. She was ready to venture to her new home

Art by