• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The world is mine {ANY}

Think sweets, think pink, think me!

She looks up to the moon, well at least the feild was quiet at this time of the day. No one should bother her now right? Walking past any group no matter how odd ballish they are each and everyone of them couldn't help but see the Neon pink that made her Nexie, so the cover of darkness seemed best, at least to her. Looking in a lake for her reflection like so many of the females in attempts to prissy themselves had never appealed  to her. She had looked once, but found that the creature looking back at her was so freakish it made her step back.

Tonight under the guidence of the stars she treads through the open feild checking for any life forms that she could perchance happen across. After a trip around the edge, she finds a spot that looks safe enough. Secluded, with lengthy grasses that could hide her if it became neccesary. Her knees quiver under for a second in hesitation. She yearned to run free and roll around like all the other fools did, but with her coloring it just would not look right to do it in front of others. So now with the loose dirt under hoof she shifts her weight testing her muscles and balance before taking off at a trot.

After a few paces of surefootedness, she pushes herself into a canter. Feeling a giggle rise through her throat she lets it out before rushing into a full blown gallop, pushing her muscles. Feeling the burn of their languid strength telling her that she was alive and well. Flared nostrils suck in the sweet scented air as she races around the wind lashing her mane and tail out behind her, eyes closed in frivilous enjoyment of these few precious moments that she could call the feild hers.

Nexie

and I discovered that my castles stand

upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

Texas should have been home hours ago, but he’d fallen asleep in the warm spring sunshine. By the time he wakes up ,night has more than fallen over the rolling hills of the Field, and he is torn between going back to sleep until dawn or stumbling home in the dark. Stumbling sounds bothersome, so the bay stallion is closing his eyes when something races past him. The bay stallion is immediately awake, all traces of weariness gone as he peers through the darkness in search of whatever had sped by. He can make out the figure of another horse looking equally startled a few yards away but not the racing thing, so when the other horse heads forward Texas decides to follow, trusting that perhaps they had seen the source of the commotion.

As he comes closer he can see that that the horse he is tailing is a young mare, and she approaches a brightly colored mare that looks just winded enough to have been the one running through the Field. Her color – while strange – is nothing he’s not seen before. Horses these days keep getting more and more strange looking. Texas is bay, just bay, with silver grey in his mane from his bouts with aging and genetics. On his head, not visible in the dark or beneath his forelock are two small bumps, the first budding signs of his generals’ crown of horns. He is not entirely sure if he likes them, and debates daily on their worth.

The black mare he’s followed seems like an appropriately social creature, giggling about having been scared. Texas isn’t entirely sure what his original intentions had been – possibly to tell off the galloping mare for disturbing his rest? – but he can’t very well voice them and risk sounding like the sour-tempered old man that he often is. So he simply says “Hello,” and gives both mares a nod and a smile that while friendly, doesn’t quite reach his eyes. Rather than the expression being off-putting (as he might hope it would be) it comes off as distinctly charming, as though he is trying his very best to be polite and genial this late in the evening.

The yawn that he stifles only furthers that, and after he’s gotten his voice back from the yawn asks, “What brings you ladies out to the Field so late?”

texas

T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

It doesn't take long for the giggle to be noticed by a few laggers in the feild. After having forgotten herself and taken off with closed eyes, a giggle suprises her making her stop short. Orbs flash open wide, and she trips over her front hooves trying to shift weight to her hindquarters to dig in the roots, but finds herself keeling over with a thump. Lucky for her, the ground is soft and spungy, so she doesn't take to hard of a knock... or thats what she tries to show. Rolling to her feet she struggles to stand favoring her right foreleg. If the mare could she would blush to her hair roots, but her coat was already tainted pink as it was. "S-sorry miss." She looks around for something to hide behind, but finds only thing to save embarrasment is to slump her head and allow her forlock to cover her eyes. She felt naked here infront of this creature, exposed to scrutiny and stares. When another approaches, this one with a bold almost gruff look about him. She sighs inwardly wishing that if only... well not worth trying to be something that she wasn't she was a scardy cat, and could/would never posess that sort of air in this lifetime. "Hello" she pauses for a moment when another question  is posed to her. Oh my it was almost to much for her quaking frame. Why would anyone want to talk to a freak like her. "I'm s-s-sorry sir, just wanted to take a run about the place. Thought no one was here, I ..." She paused unsure about continuing. Sounded like a bunch of silly excuses to her anyways. She looked from one to the other wishing that she could melt into the ground and hide. Then again... these two didn't seem like the others, they didn't keep ooglying her... maybe... naw just another silly thought.

Nixie

Texas hadn’t seen the pink mare fall down – that at least was hidden from him by the darkness of the night. He can tell that she’s favoring her foreleg as he approaches though, and he quirks a curious brow as the pink mare stammers out an apology.

She seems surprisingly poor at socializing, and given that Texas rarely bothers with manners himself, she must be very poorly off indeed for him to notice. She apologizes for running around the Field like he’s going to be irritated that she was here, and he shrugs off the sorry with a roll of his dark shoulders. It’s common land, she can run wherever she wants to. He’d just asked because nightmare gallops aren’t something he’s ever been all that interested in, what with the risk of breaking a leg and all.

The black mare seems as friendly as the other one is nervous, something that the bay stallion is grateful for. Having to be the most stable one in a conversation Is far more taxing a task than he is up for this late at night. “I live in the Falls. I was here looking for new residents, but fell asleep.” That at least explains his reason for being here so late. He considers leaving it at that briefly, and flicks his dark tail against his haunches. But his search for members earlier had been fruitless, and at least the black mare has admitted she has no home to go to. Given the fact that the pink mare is running about in the Field at midnight, Texas knows that assuming she’s in search of a home as well wouldn’t be too terribly bad of a bet.

“If either of you are looking for a home, it’s nice as homes go.” Better than the Tudnra anyway, and infinitely better than the hothouse that they call the Jungle. The Desert is fairly far down his list as well, and the Falls is only at the top because he’s called the place home for so many years. “I’m Texas, by the way.”

texas

T E X A S
    king of the falls

She isn't used to this. Not at all, but then again it couldn't really be helped now could it. She wasn't quite sure what to make of these two, at the friendly tone of the one, she quirks her head to the side a bit, her ears perked forward in curiousity. The forlock falls away from her eyes, her head lifting a  little to get a better look. Maybe... "I'm Nixie, nice to meet you both" her voice didn't quite quiver as much as before. Though timid it would always be.

Him on the other hand... such an imposing sort of persona. She wasn't sure if she was more frightened or curious about it. Taking a hesitant step closer, the moonlight falls on her back. Her limp, though not bad, was still sore. "The falls?" She inquires, oh the strength it takes to be brave. When he says his name, she rolls it on her tongue. She decided that she liked it, regardless of anything else. Turning her head back to the other mare she inquisitively asks "Will you be joining us?" Her heart yearned for such nice company, maybe if this lady was there she could bare the idea of meeting others... she reachs to bump the womans shoulder with her nostrils, though with her limp she finds that she bumps into him as well.

"Sorr" She stutters and then bites her lip looking down to the ground. She didn't intend to be rude, just these creatures were so nice, she wanted to show them her gratitude.

Nixie

The pink mare says the bame of his kingdom like a question ,and he nods, unsure exactly what she might be wanting as an answer. She doesn’t seem to want anything more though, as she then turns to the black mare and asks is she’ll be joining.

That must mean she is going to take him up on the offer, and since the second mare is apparently coming as well. For having fallen asleep while recruiting, this night is turning out fairly well after all. “Great,” he says, the word barely out of his mouth before Nixie stumbles into him.

“What waterfall is that gave the kingdom its name is magical. It can heal that for you - ” he says gesturing at the leg she’s limping on, “- and whatever else you need. Seems to me you might need a magical waterfall in your life.”She’s clumsy, he says without saying it, because insulting someone after inviting them to live in your home is ruder than even Texas is capable of.

“It’s this way,” he says, taking a few steps away from them and turning toward the south. “I’m Texas, by the way.”

texas

T E X A S
    king of the falls
    Cymablta we are in the falls,
    ~Valensia~Hestia~