• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It got me shaken up - any

felinae
    I'm so excited, delighted. I won't deny it or fight it.

She quietly listens to the pale gray mare and she doesn’t miss the anxious tone. It causes a frown to appear on her face. Sure a mother should be worried for her child, but this was different. Felinae could not tell what it exactly was, but it felt off. Like Minette worried for something else than the boy’s wellbeing – which should be a mother’s number one concern. In an attempt to comfort her new friend she presses her nose gently against Minette’s neck, playing a little with her mane before pulling back again. ”Sometimes mother nature’s surprises are a little odd..” she mumbles softly, referring to Leck’s horns as well as her own unusual color. Her own shapeshifting wasn’t something she shared with her mother, who was gifted in telekinesis, yet since she didn’t know her father she couldn’t say the same for his possible influences.

Since her arrival at the mountain lands her stomach had grown slightly, only noticeable for those who knew or suspected. Felinae was sure though. How could she not? Her heart beat for the two of them and she didn’t only have to protect her own life, but also the life of something innocent and small. It was already bad enough that she had been torn away from Zeik’s side, but the thought that Gryffen might wanted to gain a child out of her frightened Felinae. Snorting loudly she presses closer against Minette, trying to soothe her fear with the comforting words. ”I think… that I already am with child..” Her voice is nothing more than a soft whispering sound as soft and small as she feels herself. The young blue girl keeps silent, not knowing what else to say.

A small – forced – smile pulls at her lips as she nods her head slightly. ”Walking around would be nice.. I’d better get to know these lands..” she replies, taking the offer Minette had made to show her around. The winter would come soon, even though it felt like the summer had never really shown herself, and therefore it would be important to prepare herself for the period that didn’t hold much food for them. She didn’t want to starve and neither did she want her child to starve. No, she had to know how to take care of herself within the lands of this mountain herd. ”I barely had the chance to explore the Misty Rapids. It had only been a few days since Zeik had guided me there before Gryffen came for us. It’s misty there, just like here, but the mist is created by the waterfalls. The ground is mushy and green and the temperature is never too hot nor too cold..” she starts telling too, glad to focus her thoughts on something else.

OOC: Don't be! Life gets before fake ponies Wink
    Feli is pregnent with Zeik's child right now ^^. Expecting the baby late winter/early spring.
    And sorry for the lame post.. -.-'
    [Image: felinae_zpsxzrcory8.gif]

la jeune fille marquée

Minette had wondered from the way Felinae acted, if she carried a child. The season was wrong but it happened sometimes. Children born in the late days of winter didn't always survive. The pale gray mare made a silent vow not to let that happen. Felinae deserved happiness in her life after being wrenched from a home she loved and this baby could be that for her. Minette had never cared before what her position in the mountain herd was but now she felt a sense of ease knowing that she could ensure her friend's continued health, and that of her baby.

She feels a sharp pang, thinking of her first baby. Her lost daughter, her Anguisette, the girl who is never far from her thoughts. The loss washes over her like the cool streams and Minette allows a small smile to flash across her features.

Oh Felinae, that is good news. I know the situation isn't what you would want, but I will be here to help. Your baby will be a bright spot for you.

Only briefly does she consider what Gryffen might think of his captive bearing someone else's child. Minette has enough confidence in his affection for her that she does not worry for long. She will make him see that this child is not a threat.

And perhaps, if she bears a child for the white stallion this season, his pride will be appeased. For though she has grown to trust him, she knows that he still struggles against his darker nature.

Minette turns her attention back to the blue mare, giving her a playful grin. “It sounds beautiful. I have nothing here to compare with your old home, but I can show you the outcroppings of rock where I delivered my child. It's sheltered there, and the hardier plants continue to grow through the winter months. That's the one good thing about the mist here. It's good weather for growing things.

As she leads her companion through the territory, a raven follows them. Minette has grown used to them although she will never care for them. Stoically she ignores their presence and points out the overhangs of rocks that are good for hiding under in storms and the places where food can almost always be found. The entire herd grows slim during the cold months, but there is always the Chamber if food is entirely gone. Minette has no love for the raven queen's throne, but the heat of the tree ensure there is always things to eat. For Felinae, she will make the trek.

In the distance she sees Leck sharpening his horns, and she nickers to him.

That's my son.” Minette says evenly. “He prefers solitude and you may not see much of him. I have a feeling he won't make the mountains his home for long.

felinae
    I'm so excited, delighted. I won't deny it or fight it.

When the Misty Rapids had been her home she hadn’t feared the birth. Zeik had told her that the lands never got too hot and never too cold either. It has eased her worries enough to give in. He had been there when she had needed him and his comfort and even though the season was a little off, she felt herself live up from only the idea. Felinae was still young, both at mind and heart, but Zeik had taken away all her fear.

Instead of Zeik she now had Minette. Min had already birthed a child before and she also had been living with Gryffen for a while. Next to that she had said she would talk to the winged male. The gray mare was her friend, but also her protector. The cobalt blue mare looks up to meet her gaze, but it is only after a few seconds that she can offer a smile. ”You’re right..” she replies. Then her gaze turns hopeful and a little insecure. ”You’ll help me?” That simple question covered more questions at once. Would Min be there after the bird, would she be there if Gryffen found her, would she be there to help her protect her baby from his wrath, would she be there if the cold would get unbearable, would she be there if Felinae didn’t know what to do?

If she had only known that Gryffen would be able to release his frustrations upon the pale gray mare she would’ve pleaded Minette to stay away. The bluish girl wouldn’t want to be the cause of her new friend’s pain. But honestly, Felinae didn’t know what Gryffen would be up to. She hadn’t met his wrath – she had barely seen him around after all – and Zeik had been her white prince. She wasn’t aware of the things a stallion was capable of doing.

As they walk through the mountain herd’s lands she carefully listens to what Minette has to tell. She’s most grateful to learn about the place where she could silently deliver her child, with food near and safely hidden away from watching eyes. Well, that would of course not include the ravens that seemed to follow them around. It made the young girl nervous to know they were constantly watched, there was not a single thing they could do in private.

Felinae cannot help but to be curious. Just like both of his parents the boy is light, but he is still too far away to make out more details. ”How old is he? And does he still seek your company?” she asks, curious to learn more about her friend’s horned son. Her gaze moves away from Leck, to look at his mother. Focussing her attention on something else makes her forget her own worries, probably one of the few good things of her youthful mind. And with her own child coming soon, it wouldn’t hurt to learn more about children. ”You think he would follow Gryffen, to wherever it is he goes to?” As she still looks at Minette she silently prays that she hadn’t brought up a sensitive topic.

[Image: felinae_zpsxzrcory8.gif]