• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Writing prompts!
    Video 
    Pick one, or two, or none or whatever:

If you could turn any building that’s not a traditional house into your place of residence, where would you live? What would it be like?

Describe daily life in 3256.

Start a story with this line…”there’s no other witnesses, just us two.”

You awake from sleep to hear a knock at the window. You open the window to find a bird…but this is not an ordinary bird, it’s a mechanical bird with a robotic chirp who speaks a message just for you that says…

Not counting socks and underwear, you can only own 15 things. What are your 15 things?

Tell this story: The planets get together for their annual solar system conference and retreat...

Include this line in your story: “Then the clouds opened and a light shone down on that exact spot.”

Design and describe a tiny island that would be the perfect escape for you for a few days.

You've been commissioned to write an accurate, thorough history of dragons by someone who believes they really existed. Make it all up.

You wake up from a strange nightmare to find that it has come true: you have been captured by aliens and now are featured on display in an alien zoo. Describe your day.

Write a very short story that includes this line: "I must get back to the sea."

Two words: Fairytale Apocalypse

He looked at me and growled, “A talking wolf is the least of your concerns.” Finish the story.

What do you think? “If everyone is special, then no one is.”

Tell this story: “He had warned her about the book. Now it was too late.”

Tell a story from a world where sea horses are the size of real horses.

What if the world actually was flat?

Write a page of this book: Things I Wish I'd Said.

So, what does the universe taste like?

Tell us how you ended up chained to the bottom of a well in a desolate countryside.

Tell this story: The ancient sea turtle sighed and said, “the Narwhals and Hammerheads haven’t always been at war. It all started when I was very young…”

You get a set of Minions for the week, yes the little yellow guys.

Include this line in your story: "This is what happens when you let something wild in your home."

"It was, after all, a pirate city..."

Try telling this story from a first-person perspective. You're a medical emergency response professional who travels by dinosaur. Tell us about one of your days.

That's weird, thought Cupid. I've never hit the wrong person like that before...

This is the end of the story. Can you write the beginning?

Post them below. Anonymously or not, or whatever. If you want.
    @[Amandalynn] I moved this over to the "Other" board cause I think it's awesome and should hang out here so people can play with all these prompts.